Originally Posted by apollner
1. Do you think this ruined the beer?
2. Do I need to remove the stain left from the burned on musilin sacks?
3. I had to scratch w/ a vegetable peeler to get all of the burned 'stuff' off the bottom. Do you think the scratches will on the bttom of my brew kettle will cause a problem for me in the futre?
1. Scorching wort is rarely a good thing. It probably provided a character you may not enjoy, but I wouldn't bet on it being "ruined".
2. Yes, definitely you want to clean the kettle bright. A strong cleaner applied with a green scrubby would be a good start. Keep working at it until you get it bright again.
3. No, scratched boil kettles aren't problematic. Nothing will live in the scratches through an extended boil...