Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Stainless Steel Wire Super Cheap on Amazon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
mattjmac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Stainless Steel Wire Super Cheap on Amazon

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but one of my favorite websites is listing this deal right now. All kinds of coated/uncoated stainless steel wire for between $.10 and $.40 a foot. Just ordered 10 feet that is rated to hold 4,400 pounds.

I know some people with big systems have posted about ways they could hoist larger sized fermenters, etc. in order to avoid using pumps. Maybe this will help somebody.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...ur=forums&ses=

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Catt22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjmac View Post
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but one of my favorite websites is listing this deal right now. All kinds of coated/uncoated stainless steel wire for between $.10 and $.40 a foot. Just ordered 10 feet that is rated to hold 4,400 pounds.

I know some people with big systems have posted about ways they could hoist larger sized fermenters, etc. in order to avoid using pumps. Maybe this will help somebody.[

I would highly recommend using a multi-strand type wire for suspended loads. These you can inspect for fraying and/or broken strands long before they will fail. Single strand wires can fail suddenly with no visual clues to the imminent danger approaching. I know, 4,400 lbs is a lot and there would seem to be a huge safety factor there, but it only takes a small nick, kink or defect in the single wire to weaken it dramatically. You can get seriously injured or even killed if you get in the way of a dropped and shattered glass carboy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply