Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Stainless Conical Fermenter from Bitter Creek Homebrew: Review ala Boerderij Kabouter
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #91
SuperiorBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,693
Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I hope you had them correct their welding issues first, we are having issues/communication problems with them on that front and I wasn't going to take a load of them like they have been sending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrman View Post
I ordered two 150 liter stainless fermenters directly from china. A place I may name later. The fermenters should be arriving in Chicago this weekend and I will go pick them up. There has been some issues with shipping. I prepaid for shipping to Chicago and now they are trying to charge me for that. I will let you know if the company is honest and if there are extra fees. If chicompany.net sees this then please email me as well to find out the outcome if you plan on dealing with this group. I hope they are going to make this right.
__________________
SuperiorBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #92
P-Lay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorBrew View Post
I hope you had them correct their welding issues first, we are having issues/communication problems with them on that front and I wasn't going to take a load of them like they have been sending.
What kind of welding issues? The rouge spots mentioned a while ago?
__________________

Cheers!
P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad coffee View Post
Why kill when you can OVERKILL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManes View Post
Have you considered drinking more?
P-Lay is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #93
bierstein
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mentor, OH
Posts: 22
Default

Looks like the MoreBeer conicals are coming out soon. I think I'm glad I waited. 1.5" dump valve! Just hope the price isn't too steep.

http://morebeer.com/content/pressuri...e=MBTNOV2009NL

__________________
bierstein is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #94
cherrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15
Default 150 liters

Would say a few things. I got my two fermenters. Customs cost about $200 to get them into the US. I didn't expect that fee. They are beautiful fermenters. The internal welds look similar to the ones in this post. I don't think that will be an issue. They aren't rough. I mean, they are putting two separate pieces of stainless together. It is super heavy duty and the valves are awesome. Will try to post more if there are quests. WOuld say I got two for the price of one if you compare to the fermenator. I haven't seen anywhere that the fermentator from blichman is made in the US either.

__________________
cherrman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #95
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: island, in an atoll
Posts: 3,511
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierstein View Post
Looks like the MoreBeer conicals are coming out soon. I think I'm glad I waited. 1.5" dump valve! Just hope the price isn't too steep.

http://morebeer.com/content/pressuri...e=MBTNOV2009NL
Nice fermenters but $1,070 is rather steep for their older CON360 bare sided 24 gallon unit. High on the wish list yes.
__________________

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

BrewBeemer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #96
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: island, in an atoll
Posts: 3,511
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrman View Post
Would say a few things. I got my two fermenters. Customs cost about $200 to get them into the US. I didn't expect that fee. They are beautiful fermenters. The internal welds look similar to the ones in this post. I haven't seen anywhere that the fermentator from blichman is made in the US either.
Wow they nailed ya big time on customs, that for both or each? Either way that sucks. Same as ordering items out of state as some states add sales tax vs others do not, another rip.

On the Blichman's I would think they would be proud to state their fermenters are made in the U.S.A. if they were. I bet not unless proven otherwise.
__________________

Bier Jagdwaffe... Bier 30 zeit.....~~=o&o>..........

BrewBeemer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #97
cherrman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15
Default

IT was $200 total for customs. This is because to get the items into a port -- I used Chicago, you have to have a shipping company accept them. They then trasnport it to their warehouse. There you have four days to pick it up or they start charging by the day. It was like a $50 fee for a power of attorney, $100 for the paperwok and $50 for loading and to the warehouse. That added about $100/fermenter. But we are talking about 40 gallon fermenters. They are like $1400 each from blichman. Saw a few from the chinese sites that were identical to blichman, never got prices becaue I prefer the design and aesthetics of the fermenters from this post.

__________________
cherrman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #98
SuperiorBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,693
Liked 25 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrman View Post
Saw a few from the chinese sites that were identical to blichman, never got prices becaue I prefer the design and aesthetics of the fermenters from this post.
Those are usually stolen pics right off the Blichman site, sometimes they actually hyperling right to Blichmans pic's.
I dont know if they are just trying to get your money or saying that they can make one exactly like blichamns, either way I would stay away from those companies.
__________________
SuperiorBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #99
GuateBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 103
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Why the Secrecy - Hows the product

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrman View Post
I ordered two 150 liter stainless fermenters directly from china. A place I may name later. The fermenters should be arriving in Chicago this weekend and I will go pick them up. There has been some issues with shipping. I prepaid for shipping to Chicago and now they are trying to charge me for that. I will let you know if the company is honest and if there are extra fees. If chicompany.net sees this then please email me as well to find out the outcome if you plan on dealing with this group. I hope they are going to make this right.


Why the secret on the supplier - its a matter of public record.

CHerrman Us 1 10/20/2009 156 Kg
From port: Ningpo, China
To port: Illinois International Port District, Chicago, Illinois Beer Fermentation Tank
Zhejiang Dayu
__________________

Reason: remove client addres
GuateBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #100
gbrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 86
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I spent 20 minutes reading this entire post. It took me 30 seconds to find the source. Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet. Here is the link. Not really custom made.. Just imported and resold.

http://zjdayu.en.china.cn/selling-le...fermenter.html

While were at it, we can add a fermentation box.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/24...x_WFX_12_.html

__________________
http://www.gbrewing.com

Reason: added fermentation box
gbrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Labels from Boerderij Kabouter Boerderij_Kabouter Label Display & Discussion 97 05-21-2012 06:17 AM
Oktoberfestbier (lager) from Brouwerij Boerderij Kabouter Boerderij_Kabouter Recipes/Ingredients 41 04-30-2011 05:53 PM
DITCHES (Dual Immersion Thermal Coil Heat Exchange System) Boerderij_Kabouter Brew Stands 154 09-08-2010 05:50 PM
Disaster Strikes Brouwerij der Boerderij Kabouter Boerderij_Kabouter General Chit Chat 17 12-02-2008 03:17 AM
Boerderij Kabouter to Tennessee (Gatlinburg) Boerderij_Kabouter General Chit Chat 9 06-13-2008 07:09 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS