Spigot and stopper questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX1

Texas Ale Works
Reaction score
I am about to order some of the bottling spigots to convert my coolers into mash tuns. The plan is to install the spigot in the hole for the drain, it fits very well, and then use a drilled stopper on the inside of the spigot. I will run a short section of racking cane through the stopper and attach a SS braid to the racking cane. Are you guys still with me......

What I need to know is what size stopper I need and if the hole in the stopper will support a racking cane. Living in Brussels means that the nearest LHBS is over an hour away so I will be ordering online from either Midwest or B3, because they are the two biggest that will ship to my APO.

So, if someone out there can test fit some stoppers for me, or if they have already tried something like this and know what I need, and let me know I would be grateful.

Thanks for the help

Tim

Well, can't help on the stopper. if I were to do this, I would look at the large braids that are used w/ water heater supply lines. i think they are about 1 inch and may go right ofer the bottling spigot end??

Well, can't help on the stopper. if I were to do this, I would look at the large braids that are used w/ water heater supply lines. i think they are about 1 inch and may go right ofer the bottling spigot end??

I tried this today, and the 3/4 braided line will screw on the threaded end of the spigot.

Now how do I remove the inner tubing and keep the connector?

Any one have any ideas.....

Tim

Back