Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #751
Redstag
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I think many of us are lucky to have the our units arrive with minimal damage. We are a long way from Germany. I feel the pain of others who have had bed luck. I know sh*t happens. And it is not easy to accept. I wish everyone good luck in getting there units soon and of course in perfect condition.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #752
Redstag
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnarzisi View Post
Btw, anyone notice that MoreBeer4u.com is returning a 404 error? I hope that is just temporary.
When I tryed to call to order from Morebeer4U, Thorstons 800 number was not working as it should. I didn't think to try there area code number. So I called the guys in California. Maybe Yambor can get a hold of Thorston and let him know he has a problem. I hope all is well with Thorston.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #753
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thorston sent me tracking details yesterday on my unit and likely is just having a temporary server issue.

Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #754
JonK331
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstag View Post
After having brewed with my unit one time I noticed that two of the posts on the malt pipe have been pushed in a bit and bent. The malt screen hangs up slightly as it is being placed in and removed. Since I have already used the unit I figured there is no way to make a clam. Also after having seen other peoples boxed up units I suspect that what I received from Morebeer was a unit that they may have had on display in there shop. They just repacked the unit and sent it out and that is why I got mine so quickly.
I am disappointed that I did not inspect the unit better. However, I am still VERY happy with my Braumeister, it is a wonderful machine. I was able to work a little on the lid and get it to sit flat. The dents in the side are not very noticeable. And I would like to order a 5 gallon malt pipe in the near future. I will be calling Thorston soon.
Dude if I payed that much for something and it had damage that effects the functionality in any way I'd return it. You could just say that you didn't really notice the issues until you used it. MB is really good about this sort of thing. But yeah it is a super big pain to have to return and wait.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #755
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonK331

Dude if I payed that much for something and it had damage that effects the functionality in any way I'd return it. You could just say that you didn't really notice the issues until you used it. MB is really good about this sort of thing. But yeah it is a super big pain to have to return and wait.
I agree. Tell them the truth. You thought the damages were only cosmetic and could use it but now you'd like an exchange. Anyone needing Thorstens cell number PM me. I'm in a bad cell area so it may take a moment for me to reply.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #756
Redstag
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

It's worth a try.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #757
forcabrew
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

im afraid to order one of these after reading all the shipping horror stories. spending 3gs on a 50l to have it only come in all dinged up is unacceptable and i am really turned off by seeing those photos. i have been trying to talk myself into ordering one even with the filter screen and dip tube issues but now im deffinately not ordering one until i see some type of drastic change in their packaging or shipping process.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #758
rlhvegas

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wanted to update everyone as to my dented unit. Ralf at Spiedel was great. We came to a resolution that I found more then satisfactory. The last thing I wanted to do was to send the unit back to Germany and wait 3 more weeks for a new unit that very possibly could have damage from FedEx as well. I told Ralf that I tested the unit and everything was in great condition and worked except for the dented vessel at the spigot. He suggested sending me a new vessel body which I could then transfer the components to myself. This idea sounded good but to be safe I contacted Thorston at morebeer4u. I can't say enough good things about his level of support! He assured me that doing the component transfer is not hard at all and even offered to do it himself if I shipped the unit to him! I'm going to do the transfer myself with guidance from Thorston. But first I have a back log of brewing to do, this weekend I'm going to try and knock out three beers! I'll keep you posted.

http://www.facebook.com/nolimitbrewing

Old 08-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #759
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlhvegas View Post
I wanted to update everyone as to my dented unit. Ralf at Spiedel was great. We came to a resolution that I found more then satisfactory. The last thing I wanted to do was to send the unit back to Germany and wait 3 more weeks for a new unit that very possibly could have damage from FedEx as well. I told Ralf that I tested the unit and everything was in great condition and worked except for the dented vessel at the spigot. He suggested sending me a new vessel body which I could then transfer the components to myself. This idea sounded good but to be safe I contacted Thorston at morebeer4u. I can't say enough good things about his level of support! He assured me that doing the component transfer is not hard at all and even offered to do it himself if I shipped the unit to him! I'm going to do the transfer myself with guidance from Thorston. But first I have a back log of brewing to do, this weekend I'm going to try and knock out three beers! I'll keep you posted.
That's an excellent solution and allows you to use the unit in the meantime. I think a majority of homebrewers have enough DIY mindset to make changes like that with instructions. Can you document the process so others know what to do in case it comes up again? I'm guessing it's simple based on what I see, but maybe there are some not-so-obvious items to be aware of when doing this.
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #760
Yambor44

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Glad to hear you have a workable solution.

That's a great idea Mako.

Quick Reply