Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #601
makomachine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm hoping mine arrives in thenext couple of weeks. I've got a trip I'm taking and hope it's here when I get back. I have a Citra Pale Ale, American Wheat, Strawberry Blonde, and Schwarzbier to brew!

Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #602
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beradthefish View Post
Would one of you kindly post the diameter of the spigot on the 50L model? I'm trying to determine what ID hose can be attached to it. I'm guessing .5" but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks in advance.
Are you wanting to add a hose to the inside or outside? If outside, I use a 3/8" ID braided line on mine.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #603
beradthefish
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44 View Post
Are you wanting to add a hose to the inside or outside? If outside, I use a 3/8" ID braided line on mine.
On the outside. I would want to use a .5" ID hose on the output. Thorsten told me it's only 10mm but it's threaded and can be replaced. What's unclear is the thread size and diameter.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #604
Yambor44

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beradthefish

On the outside. I would want to use a .5" ID hose on the output. Thorsten told me it's only 10mm but it's threaded and can be replaced. What's unclear is the thread size and diameter.
Ahhh. I can't help you with that as I don't know how to measure thread size. Are you thinking of removing the spout and adding a hose and pump?

Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #605
BtotheG
Recipes 

I've been thinking about getting a pump and a plate chiller (kind of a DIY chill wizard) for my current setup and was hoping if I upgraded to this I would still be able to use it. Seems most plumbing sold for brewing is 1/2". I wonder if it's possible. By the way, awesome, very helpful videos and discussion.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #606
beradthefish
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Ahhh. I can't help you with that as I don't know how to measure thread size. Are you thinking of removing the spout and adding a hose and pump?
Right. Optimally it would be a 1/2" hose barb off the spigot. All academic, I don't own one of these as of right now

Old 07-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #607
Yambor44

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beradthefish View Post
Right. Optimally it would be a 1/2" hose barb off the spigot. All academic, I don't own one of these as of right now
See post #552 back in this thread hfk2 has a pic of his with a hose and pump hooked to it. He should chime in here shortly with your answer.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #608
beradthefish
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
See post #552 back in this thread hfk2 has a pic of his with a hose and pump hooked to it. He should chime in here shortly with your answer.
That's what I'm looking for, thanks. Hopefully he'll chime in because I can't quite make out how the connection is made.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #609
hfk2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Beradthefish, sorry for the delayed response, I've been away for a bit. I have the 20L BM so I'm not sure if the spigot is the same size, however all I did was use a length of 1/2" reinforced silicon tubing with 2 hose clamps. Don't over tighten the clamps because the the spigot is tapered and it will try to slide the hose off. It doesn't leak and is easy to take off and clean. I used regular thick walled silicon tubing first but found the material was very soft and the clamps would dig into the silicon, so I was concerned that after a few times removing the hose the hose would be too chewed up and have to be replaced. So far it has worked just fine. On the pump end of the hose I use a heat resistant quick connect with a 1/2" barb. Hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #610
beradthefish
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks hfk2. What type of hose did you switch to since the silicon was getting chewed up?

Quick Reply