*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #551
hfk2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Same way, I use the 3M synthetic steel wool 0000. Mainly using it on the heating elements because you can wrap it around it and get the back side. Amazing that a synthetic can scratch stainless steel. I'm now just using a sponge on the stainless.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #552
hfk2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm BIAB in stainless
dsc_0797.jpg
dsc_0798.jpg

Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #553
gustavf
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44 View Post
How is everyone cleaning your stainless on these. I have been using the green scrubby and I'm seeing some scratches now.
I'm using a regular dishwashing brush and have some barely visible scratches.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #554
DeGarre
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I use the softest sponge and chamois leather...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #555
roomfullofmirrors
Recipes 

Quote:
How is everyone cleaning your stainless on these. I have been using the green scrubby and I'm seeing some scratches now.
Rinse out for obvious particles and then ...sodium percarbonate (diaper sanitiser) soak and hose off with pressure nozzle.

Any stubborn residue might get a brush off, but generally a warm napisan soak lifts everything.
The other day I set the temp at 60 Celsius and ran the pumps for twenty minutes. Throw the pipe and screens in as well. Simple!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #556
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfk2 View Post
Unfortunately my pump stopped pumping. It's making a clanking noise. Doesn't seem as loud as Yambor44's did when it stopped. Maybe some grain is stuck in the impeller, but I can't get it to clear so I'm in manual heat mode using my March pump to circulate from the top down. We'll see what happens.
Sorry to hear that! Did you get it figured out?
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #557
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomfullofmirrors View Post
Rinse out for obvious particles and then ...sodium percarbonate (diaper sanitiser) soak and hose off with pressure nozzle.

Any stubborn residue might get a brush off, but generally a warm napisan soak lifts everything.
The other day I set the temp at 60 Celsius and ran the pumps for twenty minutes. Throw the pipe and screens in as well. Simple!
Good info! I ran mine as well yesterday to clean with some BKF (Bar Keepers Friend) but only at about 45c (so I could still get my hands in there, after I unplugged of course) and just enough to cover the coils. Then I placed the filter that was sewn onto the sieve in it to soak a bit with the pumps on. Rinsed all real well, scrubbed elements with green scrubby and internal pot with terry cloth towel.

Will run hotter and add malt pipe next time. I'm assuming this diaper sanitizer is easily found?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #558
hfk2
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One piece of malt completely stops the pumps impeller. Can't figure how the grain is getting out of the malt pipe. The mesh was tight to the sieve, and the sieve sit tight in the malt tube. I'm also careful when adding the malt to the pipe. It seems to get past the top sieve when it starts to rise. Yambor44 did you use your stitched cloth covers and if so how did they work. I'm thinking of making a pair. I wonder if the cloth when wrapped around the edge of the sieve creates a better seal. Was able to salvage the batch using the March pump. O.G. came in as expected but needed to mash longer to get complete conversion. Also, even though I vorlaufed the wort wasn't as clear as when circulating up as the BM does.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #559
jeffmeh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Good info! I ran mine as well yesterday to clean with some BKF (Bar Keepers Friend) but only at about 45c (so I could still get my hands in there, after I unplugged of course) and just enough to cover the coils. Then I placed the filter that was sewn onto the sieve in it to soak a bit with the pumps on. Rinsed all real well, scrubbed elements with green scrubby and internal pot with terry cloth towel.

Will run hotter and add malt pipe next time. I'm assuming this diaper sanitizer is easily found?
In the U.S. it is branded as Oxiclean, lol.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #560
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmeh View Post
In the U.S. it is branded as Oxiclean, lol.
Which oxyclean = PBW
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Quick Reply