Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #501
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfk2 View Post
I shouldn't have used the term "developed" but its early use and first real uses were as I stated. It failed as gun sight adhesive and it failed as a dental adhesive. It breaks down at about 200F and especially when exposed to excessive moisture.....
"
Well, there's your answer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #502
Yambor44

Recipes 

Also, I don't think the sieve would fit down into the malt pipe with a gasket of any type around the outer edge. If you notice in my last video, when I placed it into the water it stopped and had to be helped to the bottom with my mash paddle. Pretty tight clearance.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #503
makomachine
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44 View Post
Also, I don't think the sieve would fit down into the malt pipe with a gasket of any type around the outer edge. If you notice in my last video, when I placed it into the water it stopped and had to be helped to the bottom with my mash paddle. Pretty tight clearance.
Do you think there is enough room for a mesh wrap around for the drawstring method? I was thinking a nylon paint strainer could possibly be used with a slight modification.
Upcoming Brews: Surley Furious Clone, Uintah Wyld

Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #504
Yambor44

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makomachine View Post
Do you think there is enough room for a mesh wrap around for the drawstring method? I was thinking a nylon paint strainer could possibly be used with a slight modification.
Funny you mention that. I am at this moment wrapping mine in a paint strainer bag. Same material as BIAB right?? I think there is room for that.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #505
makomachine
Recipes 

Great minds think alike! Let me know how far off base I am! My 20L can't get here soon enough...

Old 06-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #506
clex25
Recipes 

Hey All -

Just wanted to check-in with everyone. I got my Braumeister 20L the end of last week, and have brewed one batch on it so far. Thanks to Yambor44 answering some questions on youtube (under a different alias) and the advice in this thread, I was able to get through the brew day easily and change the plug for the unit also.

Mine came with the stainless steel mesh that everyone said was better. Looking forward to seeing more tips and tricks from everyone in this thread.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:17 PM   #507
makomachine
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex25 View Post
Hey All -

Just wanted to check-in with everyone. I got my Braumeister 20L the end of last week, and have brewed one batch on it so far. Thanks to Yambor44 answering some questions on youtube (under a different alias) and the advice in this thread, I was able to get through the brew day easily and change the plug for the unit also.

Mine came with the stainless steel mesh that everyone said was better. Looking forward to seeing more tips and tricks from everyone in this thread.
Clex25 - So how was the first brew on it? How was wort clarity, efficiency, etc? You pleased with it?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #508
Yambor44

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makomachine View Post
Great minds think alike! Let me know how far off base I am! My 20L can't get here soon enough...
Paint strainer bags don't have a draw string so that is my hang up. Maybe a huge hop bag with draw string? Anyone else have any ideas?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #509
Yambor44

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clex25 View Post
Hey All -

You're very welcome. Who has the alias? Me? You?

How was your brew day?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #510
wyzazz
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Weave a small nylon string through the top of the bag.

And I'd like to see my 1.080 beers ready from grain to glass in a week, and served to me by red-headed twin penthouse pets wearing garter belts and fishnet stockings, with Irish accents, calling me "master luv gun," but we can't always get what we want can we? :)

Quick Reply