Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #1281
bach
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Connector pictures

I am attaching the pictures of the connector I used:

connector1.jpg   connector2.jpg   connector3.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #1282
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Awesome! Thanks Bach. You know how us guys are, visual.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1283
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What up buddy i started this thread a while ago so i guess i was one of the first guys with this machine. just buy a voltage converter man. so easy and you can brew anywhere you want.

as far as the condensation question i dont think it will be a sticky mess since when you boil you are loosing water while all sugars and stuff just stay in the wort. it should just be steam sugar wont evaporate.

good luck on your brewing this machine is really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
So now that my 20l will be here soon I am pondering the logistics of brewing in my apartment. I will need to vent the steam somehow from the boil off. I have a dryer vent that goes through the wall about 15 feet to the outside from the brew room and I also have a small basement slider window on the other side of the room away from the 220 line.

My questions are

A. If I vent through the dryer vent will the condensation build up into some sort of sticky mess inside of it.
B. if i am going to vent to the other window I will need an extension cord to make it over there. What should I use to extend the reach of the current electric cord? A welding cord? If I had a Lon enough cord I could potentially brew outside on really nice days.

Bene+dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen

Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #1284
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default mod list for braumeister

whats up guys i started this thread a long time ago and i cant belirve the ammount of replies crazy.

Can anyone put together a list of mods you have done to the braumeister? i saw the replacement valve and its a great idea since flow through the original one is slow.

or maybe start a new thread with mods you have done to the braumeister. i can imagine theres that many as this thing has been working great for me as is with the addition of a voltage converter.

thanks

Bene+dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen

Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #1285
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default hese the new thread to post modifications

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/spei...7/#post3825570

Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #1286
FiveKaiBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

instead of a barley crusher i would go with the new rebel brewing mill looks awsome with a hopper and everything for i think its 175.00. i have a crankanstein 3D stainless and it works well but for the money go wit hthe rebel its cheaper and everyone seems to like it. its a 2 roller by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
The last 2 beers I made with the Braumeister were an Old Bavarian Weissbier and another version of a Kelheim Weissbier. Both beers have been in the bottle for over a month. I use Speise collected post chilling to carbonate most of the beers I make or a Speise/Sugar combo for non-German style beers.

Currently I am less concerned with beer color and haze, and am happy to be making high quality, delicious beer. The OBW really suprised me, initially it was a bit more malty than I like, but has balanced out nicely. The Kelheim is almost my ideal Hefe, it has a good balance between clove, banana, light malt and is highly carbonated. Both still need some tweaking though.

I am still using my Victoria (Corona) mill but am looking to get a Barley Crusher soon. The Victoria was good enough for my batch sparging days, where a fine crush with quite a bit of flour worked. I have to double or triple crush with it if I want it coarse, and the Braumeister works best with a coarse crush.

I noticed a bit of channeling on my last Kelheim Weissbier brew near the end of conversion, so paused the program and stirred the mash. I usually use rice hulls (didn't this time) but would prefer not to unless really necessary.

With simpler mash schedules and minimal data logging my brewdays are down to 6 hours, but the weather here in Toronto has been so nice I haven't been able to brew as much as I like. I am selfishly hoping for a couple of nasty snowfalls so that I can replenish the pipeline.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #1287
rlhvegas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveKaiBrewing
instead of a barley crusher i would go with the new rebel brewing mill looks awsome with a hopper and everything for i think its 175.00. i have a crankanstein 3D stainless and it works well but for the money go wit hthe rebel its cheaper and everyone seems to like it. its a 2 roller by the way.
+1 for Monster Mill. Great product. I have the 2 roller.

http://www.facebook.com/nolimitbrewing

Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #1288
Obliviousbrew
Recipes 

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Hi! New to the forum and new to brewing too. First of all I want to introduce myself and apologize for my english. I´ve been checking this threat during the last few months and it made me decide to get the braumeister. After 4 weeks of waiting my 50BM arrive today, so, I´m a happy man! I´m looking forward to share experiences about this amazing equipment. I just downloaded BeerSmith trial it looks amazing but I have problems with the configuration of my equipment: if there is another braumeister/beersmith user out there that can help me out with this it will be much appreciated. I own the 50l setup and Í also got the short malt pipe. Thank you very much in advance!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #1289
beefeater
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

...Edit ... sorry ... posted the wrong link. Looking for the right one ...

Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #1290
BierFest
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
if there is another braumeister/beersmith user out there that can help me out with this it will be much appreciated. I own the 50l setup and Í also got the short malt pipe. Thank you very much in advance!
I too have the 50l unit with the shortened malt pipe. I use beersmith and am also trying to nail down the parameters. As I've only done 3 brews to date on it I'm still figuring it out. I haven't quite figured out stuff such as boil off rate etc. I have created 2 profiles:
- 50l brew
- 20l brew

To date i have only made 20l batches. I have used the parameters supplied by other users for the 20l model in my 20l profile. The only thing i changed was the 'Mash Tun Weight' which I set to 22kg. I will have to figure it out more from that.

Anybody else figured out beersmith parameters for the shortened malt pipe in the 50l model?

Quick Reply