Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Speidel Braumeister (brewmaster)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #1011
clasley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44 View Post
When you manually control the BM, does the unit do an automatic pump rest or did you do that manually as well? If so what was your time frame to rest and for how long?
I didn't notice any pump rests in manual mode. It was running the entire mash except for the switch from the first to second grain bill.

-Chris

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #1012
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasley View Post
I didn't notice any pump rests in manual mode. It was running the entire mash except for the switch from the first to second grain bill.

-Chris
Thanks Chris.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #1013
atax1c
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by limulus View Post
Very nice videos. Do you guys know if they have made any improvements to their packaging? I know that all the damaged parts were replaced, but I hate to drop $2k on something only to have it damaged when I receive it. It would not be so bad if you did not have to wait a month to receive it and then a couple of additional weeks for replacement parts.

I will be removing a wall in my basement in February and adding a bar. This is still the system I want.
This is exactly what I was wondering as well..

Old 10-25-2011, 10:05 PM   #1014
rowanb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atax1c View Post
This is exactly what I was wondering as well..
I live in Australia & recently had a 20 litre sent FedEx from Germany via craftbrewer.com.au. Everything internal was tied and taped, so nothing could rattle & cause scratches/dings. The packaging seemed fine and it arrived in perfect condition. The only problem I had was getting the driver to allow me to remove it from the box and check it over before signing off - no way was I going to take it sight unseen. I've used it a few times now and it runs well. I've been brewing all-grain with insulated mashtuns & an electric boiler for 10 years. If this had been available when I started, and if I'd had the money, I would have bought it.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #1015
limulus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanb View Post
I live in Australia & recently had a 20 litre sent FedEx from Germany via craftbrewer.com.au. Everything internal was tied and taped, so nothing could rattle & cause scratches/dings. The packaging seemed fine and it arrived in perfect condition. The only problem I had was getting the driver to allow me to remove it from the box and check it over before signing off - no way was I going to take it sight unseen. I've used it a few times now and it runs well. I've been brewing all-grain with insulated mashtuns & an electric boiler for 10 years. If this had been available when I started, and if I'd had the money, I would have bought it.
Thanks for the report.
Tap 3: Empty - APA coming June
Kolsch coming July

Primary:
Secondary:
Cold Conditioning: IPA
On Deck: Kolsch
On Deck: Pale Ale
On Deck: Dusseldorf Altbier

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #1016
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Good to hear rowanb. Thanks for the information.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #1017
traveler2
Recipes 

Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for most of a week now and deciced to order my 50L this morning. I've been brewing all-grain for more than a few years now and in the back of mind always thought there had to be a way to do it in one vessel - low and behold the good people at Speidel engineered it and you all have validated their design! Thanks so much for all that you have documented in this thread. I only hope I can give some back in the weeks to come...

Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #1018
stevedasleeve
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler2 View Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this thread for most of a week now and deciced to order my 50L this morning. I've been brewing all-grain for more than a few years now and in the back of mind always thought there had to be a way to do it in one vessel - low and behold the good people at Speidel engineered it and you all have validated their design! Thanks so much for all that you have documented in this thread. I only hope I can give some back in the weeks to come...
Yes my sentiments exactly (and experience!) I am ordering soon I think. Though... hmmm... so expensive... OK maybe...

!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #1019
DeGarre
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks guys - good to see you liked my videos. I think there is some educational value too, for example, I have the smaller unit and one can see that the suction is quite strong in that too, let alone in the 50L unit. Also, having lifted the malt pipe I was a bit stuck standing on a chair and trying to figure out out a nice way of getting off without breaking my back and neck. It's a long step down with a heavy malt pipe...

But more importantly, brew day tomorrow! Single hop Simcoe Pale Ale, first time I'll be using a bit of wheat.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #1020
traveler2
Recipes 

Ok guys, while I'm waiting for delivery and knowing the critical path to brew day upon delivery is the euro to US electrical connection, the engineer in me says we must be able to find sourcing for this simple 250V/30A/50Hz extension cord to 220V/30A/60Hz 4-prong dryer plug. Sure, DIY is acceptable, but most prefer not to get zapped and are willing to pay a little $$ to have someone manufacture the cord for them. I'm scouring the internet and local sources, and believe if I can't find it pre-assembled and off the shelf, then it's probably a $$ making opportunity. Anyone feel the same?

Quick Reply