Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Space Heaters and Fermentation Chambers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
chumpsteak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Still working great for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #12
dutchoven
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I ended up getting the Lasko MyHeat. I set my Johnson A419 to heating mode/cut out and added a second fan to help distribute air in the chamber (both the heater and fan turn on when needed). I have a ~17 cubic foot freezer, and I'm finding the heater will kick on every hour or two for five minutes. Overall, Im really happy with how its working ... does a good job heating the chamber without overshooting the setpoint.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
mmccurdy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I picked one of these up based on some thread that I saw on here (maybe this one?) and I'm very happy with it so far. Nice and small but still plenty of power to heat up a decent sized chamber.

It does have a temperature switch for over-temp protection. I've never had it kick in, but it gives me a little more piece of mind having this thing running 24/7 in my ferm chamber in my garage.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #14
cmarron
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Recommend the Lasko MyHeat

I've had this unit for 6 months and used quite a bit in the Chicago area. My chamber is outside where it can get in the 20s.

My advice is to have a second unit ready to go.
Read the reviews on Amazon and some have had the unit simply stop after a few months. Same happened to me so I'm getting a backup.

Another interesting idea is to use a heating mat and mount it to Ye side of your chamber. I do, however like the simplicity of the Lasko MyHeat with the built in fan and no smarty shut off controls.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #15
triangulum33
Whenever it feels right!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've had great success with the reptile heater. I think I might hook up a second one for redundancy. I dont really care if they cycle.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Meine Keezer

Quick Reply