The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Space Heaters for Fermentation Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
digdan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Space Heaters for Fermentation Area

Where I'm from its ussually cold. I need a good space heater to keep my fermentatino room heated. The space heater I currently use gets 15 degrees within range (when I'm lucky).

Anyone know of a good solution, or a brand of space heater I can dial in a temp and it stays atleast 5 degrees in that range, constantly? I try to keep costs in mind

Thanks in Advanced

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
StudentBrewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdan
Where I'm from its ussually cold. I need a good space heater to keep my fermentatino room heated. The space heater I currently use gets 15 degrees within range (when I'm lucky).

Anyone know of a good solution, or a brand of space heater I can dial in a temp and it stays atleast 5 degrees in that range, constantly? I try to keep costs in mind

Thanks in Advanced
I use a space heater as well. It's just one of those $25 cheapo ceramic space heaters from Lowe's. My brew closet is really tiny so it keeps the closet within 2-3 degrees at all times (I'm always impressed at how constant the temp is though my apartement temp fluctuates a lot).

If the heater isn't doing a great job holding temp in a room, could you find a small closet to do your fermenting in?
Drinking:
Mirror Pond Clone #2
Mac and Jack's African Amber Clone
Mountain Brew
IIPA
Hard Spiced Cider

Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
jazzbass
Recipes 

I use an old slop sink in the basement and Cover it with a blanket.

With a little experimenting with 3,7,10 watt bulbs you have a very
inexpensive incubator to operate.

Up Next: ?????
Primary: Oatmeal Stout,Blood Orange Hefeweizen
Secondary:
Bottled : Christmas Ale
Light Ale
Oatmeal Stout
Cream Ale
Dortmunder
Robust Porter
Black Cherry Ale
Light Lager
Milk Stout
Brown Ale
Amber Cervesa

Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
GABrewboy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I also use a ceramic space heater in my office room in the house. I keep a therm. in there to adjust the temp as needed based on the light that the room gets and so forth. During the summer I won't need it, but I have been using it for the spring, fall and winter months and it has worked out great. I got it at Wallgreens for like $29 or there abouts. Good luck!

Quick Reply