Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Single Tier 3 Burner Gas hookup parts list wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
ryanmcl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Single Tier 3 Burner Gas hookup parts list wanted

Hello Friends- I like many am in the process of building a single tier three burner stand. I have everything ready to go minus the gas hook up. I will be using (3) BG-14 high pressure burners from Agri Supply.

Bg-14 High Pressure Cast Iron Burner

I see these burners are very common but have not found much in the way of a "complete" assembly.

If anyone is willing to share what parts they used to get from Propane tank to Burner that would be excellent.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
freshhoarse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Subscribed. I am looking for the exact same thing ...

Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 23

A lot of it will depend on how you want it plumbed, valved, lit, etc.

I bought a set of two BG-14's that came with a the orifices, 40psi reg, and a single hose. I plumbed my rig with 1/4" copper, with brass ball valves at each burner which are manually lit.

It's getting late here so i didn't go into super detail but here's a quick diagram of my plumbing. Depending on where you source the fittings sometimes they come as a "set", for instance the t-joint came with 3 compression fittings but i've seen them sold separately as well.

Remember you don't need 1" tubing to supply your gas. The entire amount of gas flows through the tiny orifice on the regulator, 1/4" is way more than enough. It's cheap too. But i've seen dryer gas piping used because it's easy and come with connectors. Other folks use 1" steel piping as a way to mount the burners. Or you can use the structural tubing of the rig to move gas. Or...

Other options: pilot lights, electric start.

propane-plumbing.jpg  

Old 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
OneHoppyGuy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Different size burners but the same hook up.

BTW: that's 1/2" iron pipe. It's the most common size pipe. Do not use galvanized pipe, zinc does not play well with propane. You want your manifold to be larger just like the pipe coming to your house. On the distribution side you you only need 1/4".

Brewright. All Rights Reserved. We reserve the right to brew and to help you brew. To protect the brew and defend the brew. To make the brew and drink the brew.

BrewSteel.com
BrewSteel on Facebook

Quick Reply