Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sight Glass with Thermometer back in stock

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #141
stvcoburn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Bobby M,
I just acquired a Coors keg and I am going to convert it. Will your sight glass work on this considering the big bulge in the middle. Does the sight come out far enough?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #142
stvcoburn
Recipes 

Never-mind, went to your website a saw that you sell one.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:29 AM   #143
elmito
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default just ordered

hi bobby, i just ordered from your site. thanks in advance man!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #144
chezwikk
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
When welders install a 1/2" NPT coupling, there is some inconsistency in whether it sits flush or proud of the vessel wall. If it's flush with the inside, it can stick out as far as 1.5". Even if it's welded flush, I'd have to supply a 1/2 to 1/4" bushing, a close nipple, then the tee fitting. The 4" probe would then only put the last 1/2" inside the vessel and it would be affected by latent heat from the burner. A 6" probe would solve this problem but it would take a very long time to sell these at the quantity I have to buy.

Lastly, it would put the sight tubing and thermometer out away from the vessel by at least an extra inch, maybe more subjecting it to more potential damage.
Bobby

I was planning on purchasing the welded version of the combo kit but came across this post. Do you still feel the welded version has limitations or have you addressed these?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #145
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 939 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Just to clarify, I offer both weldless and weld-in (or thread in if you already have couplings welded in). If you want a thread-in kit that puts the thermo and sightglass on the same port, you'll need the upsized version with model number LTS240 with the 3" dial thermometer. You just can't get the compact kit, model WLST240 with the 2" thermo, in thread-in.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply