Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Show us your control panel!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #131
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3202 Times on 3106 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Here's my recently finished prototype control panel built mostly from parts I had laying around. There are a lot of upgrades I want to make for the final panel (twist lock receps, center off switches, larger enclosure, etc.), but this is what time and money currently allow, and using this should help me to refine the final design. The controllers are similar to the ones in the e-bay aquarium temp controller thread, but single stage, fahrenheit display, and SS temp probe (and cheaper). It's not nearly as well constructed or fancy as most of the ones I see here, but I think it's a nice addition to my ghetto HERMS, and it only cost me ~$45 out of pocket.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #132
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 444 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladue View Post
Is the software package you are using the Lab Jack offering or is it something you have created in VB to work with the touch screen monitor shown.
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I am using DAQFactory for my SCADA interface with the LabJack. Granted, it is a little pricey for a garage project, but it is probably the best solution that I have found. So, well worth it for me.
Unfortunately, I couldn't justify the version that contains the fancy symbol library, so I have had to create my own.

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #133
kladue
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 42 Posts

Your efforts look very nice so far, any plans for I/O expansion to incorporate level or flow control.
With the hardware I used and the number and types of points, there were no software packages available so I had to build my own.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #134
bull8042
I like 'em shaved

Recipes 

Liked 444 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Thanks. I have 2 flow switches on it now, but have yet to add them to the program.
I would like to do level monitoring, but haven't found a suitable solution. Do you know of any sensors with an analog signal that won't cost an arm & a leg?
DAQFactory will definitely do exactly what you want. Having some Basic, C++ type of programming experience will definitely help. Even familiarity with PHP is a huge plus. It is a pretty simple text-based programming language.

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #135
kladue
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 42 Posts

There are new 0-2 psi wet pressure transmitters in the $120 range, or do like I have and watch Ebay pressure transmitter/pressure sensors for a wet pressure transmitter in the price range you can handle, with a current or voltage output.

Quick Reply