New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Should I toss my better bottle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
rebel80
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Should I toss my better bottle?

Out of sheer ignorance, I racked a batch out of a 5 gallon better bottle for bottling and forgot to soak in oxyclean as usual. My last trip to the brewroom made me aware that I went nearly two weeks without cleaning it at all. I just soaked in OxyClean today. I didn't notice any horrendous smells. It looks clean but I hate to waste a batch of beer just to find out if it's OK. Is this better bottle salvageable?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
LordUlrich
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You should be able to clean it. Do what you can to avoid pulling out a brush. Hot pbw does wonders. You could also try some kind of recirculating pressure washer. Like the one more beer started selling.

Don't take any more faith in anything I say than you would anyone else on the internet. If you listen to what I say, then hurt your self or break something it is your own fault, I am just expressing my opinion or experience.
THINK for your self!!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
milesvdustin
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Drop a dishrag in there with some warm water and swirl it around, it will clean the sides of it for you.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Horace
Recipes 

Don't chuck it, it'll be fine as others have stated. Just don't let it soak in Oxy or PBW too long, it becomes brittle...

Quick Reply