New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > should I give the bottles another wash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
LarryC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default should I give the bottles another wash

Weekend before last I went camping with some friends and we polished off two cases of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I saved the bottles for future home brew use and now I have a question. I filled a tub with water & OxiCLean to soak off all the labels. I scrubbed the bottles and drained the OxiClean out then let them air dry. I was thinking I could just sanitize them when I get ready to bottle but then it occurred to me that because I had so many bottles in the tub there was a lot of dissolved glue by the end of my clean up. Do you think this will be an issue? Should I wash them before I sanitize them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Yooper
Frau Admin

Recipes 

Liked 3850 Times on 2813 Posts
Likes Given: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Weekend before last I went camping with some friends and we polished off two cases of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I saved the bottles for future home brew use and now I have a question. I filled a tub with water & OxiCLean to soak off all the labels. I scrubbed the bottles and drained the OxiClean out then let them air dry. I was thinking I could just sanitize them when I get ready to bottle but then it occurred to me that because I had so many bottles in the tub there was a lot of dissolved glue by the end of my clean up. Do you think this will be an issue? Should I wash them before I sanitize them?
Take one and hold it up to the light and look inside. If it's clean as a whistle, you don't have to wash them. If there is any debris or gunk or if they are sticky, or otherwise dirty, wash them.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
LarryC

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Thanks YooperBrew, they are clean looking but I was worried about glue residue. I guess I should just RDWHAHB

Quick Reply