Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sanyo SR-4310W Fridge HELP!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
egy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Also, where did you get your draft tower? I'd like to do two taps but they are quite pricey!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #22
Josten
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by egy
Josten - thanks a ton! That's exactly what I needed to hear. Looks awesome! Could you provide a measurement from the back edge of the top plastic piece to the center of the hole you drilled, and the diameter of the hole? I will likely just use the same location.

Did the plastic piece come off cleanly, and look OK once re-attached? I'd like to paint mine so I may take it off anyhow to get a better looking paint job. Di you paint the center piece on yours? That looks nice.
6 5/8" from the back edge to the center of the hole. I used a 3" hole saw. The top came off easy, and looks ok after being reattached provided that you carve away any excess foam and the tabs click back in.

SWMBO used chalkboard paint on the top section so I can keep track of what is in the taps. I got that 3" tap tower from amazon for under $100, but can't recall the seller or exact price.

image-431041060.jpg

Old 04-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
nstowe81
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have an old office fridge, same make and model, here that I'm considering converting. After reading through this thread I'm still having a hard time visualizing your freezer tray conversion. Are you suggesting bending it into a "U" from the front to the back, or from one side to the other, in which case I'm thinking "C". do you think you could post a pic of the inside of your fridge? That would help me out greatly!
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #24
apalke
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The way I bent mine was more of a "U" shape. I definitely did not bend from one side to the other in a "C" shape, and I would suggest you not attempt to bend it that much as you'll most likely crimp the lines or, even worse, break them open.

I'll take a picture of my set up tonight when I get home, but basically I very carefully bent the front part of the freezer unit up just enough until I had clearance to fit my keg. I left it attached at the back of the fridge where there are two plastic "bolts" holding it in place. I suppose you could remove the two plastic "bolts" but I found it wasn't necessary. I didn't even remove the sides of the freezer from the grooves that they are set into.

If you read a few comments up you'll notice I had a problem with a crimped line. Mine crimped near where the unit attaches to the back. Luckily I was able to bend it back so that the lines opened up. You definitely don't want to bend the unit any more than absolutely necessary. Good luck, and just be very careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstowe81 View Post
I have an old office fridge, same make and model, here that I'm considering converting. After reading through this thread I'm still having a hard time visualizing your freezer tray conversion. Are you suggesting bending it into a "U" from the front to the back, or from one side to the other, in which case I'm thinking "C". do you think you could post a pic of the inside of your fridge? That would help me out greatly!
Thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #25
nstowe81
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks for the advice apalke. I was doing some more research today and found this photo in google images. Is this what you ended up doing?

image-2210122368.jpg  

Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #26
apalke
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Nstowe81,

Sorry, I meant to post this earlier. Yeah, that looks pretty similar to what I did.

I guess I was wrong about the sides of the freezer. It looks like mine did come out of the groove on the side on the left. Either way, I think you've got a handle on it.

Good luck,
Aaron

dsc_6715.jpg  

Quick Reply