Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Sanke Fermenter Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #51
Bokonon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Mine arrived today and look fantastic. Can't wait to try them out. Just need to find time to brew now. Might not be for a week or two

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #52
caspio
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You're a bad bad man. How did you take control of my mouse and make it click "Add to Cart"? And then you added insult to injury by changing quantity to 2 and making me click update.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 AM   #53
Brewers Hardware
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspio View Post
You're a bad bad man. How did you take control of my mouse and make it click "Add to Cart"? And then you added insult to injury by changing quantity to 2 and making me click update.
LOL!

My machinist took last week off so I'm a little further behind than I was hoping to be. I hope to ship the balance of the the orders by mid week.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #54
lamarguy
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just put in my order...Looks like a good solution.

Planned: Lambic, American IPA
Fermenting: 6 gals of 1.090 stout (Belgian) & 6 gals of 1.090 stout (English)
Tapped: Berliner Weisse, Black English IPA, German Pils, & Live Oak Primus

Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #55
keelanfish
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Mine arrived today! Packaging was great and it all got here without damage. Is the second small o-ring a spare or are they both supposed to be used in the siphon fitting?

Gonna try it out for the first time on a pale ale, can't wait. Thanks for the HBT special.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #56
Brewers Hardware
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keelanfish View Post
Mine arrived today! Packaging was great and it all got here without damage. Is the second small o-ring a spare or are they both supposed to be used in the siphon fitting?

Gonna try it out for the first time on a pale ale, can't wait. Thanks for the HBT special.
I know, sorry I haven't had time to writ eany instructions.

I use both o-rings in all applications. If you ever need to replace the o-rings let me know and I'll replace them no-charge.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #57
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrin View Post
I know, sorry I haven't had time to writ eany instructions.

I use both o-rings in all applications. If you ever need to replace the o-rings let me know and I'll replace them no-charge.
I didn't even think about that I just put both on since it seemed like they were both needed. I brewed on sunday and pumped right into the sanke sitting in my chest freezer.

I have an airlock on top right now but I think I'll switch out to blowoff or just foil (I generally just use foil inside my chest freezer). The top of the airlock is really close to my chest freezer lid and if by chance I got some blowoff in there it'd get all over the top.

I need to dial in my procedure a bit too, I'm not used to having such a large thermal mass in one container. Since I didn't get my wort chilled down to pitching temps I set my ranco to my temp and came back a few hours later and it was within 1 degree of where I wanted, so I pitched. Checked the next morning and it had dropped another 6 degrees.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #58
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

mine arrived yesterday very impressed with the workmanship can't wait to use it

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #59
xumbi
Recipes 

If anyone could report on how well force transferring with co2 to/from a keg using this I would really appreciate it!

I have 1/6 and 1/2 bbl kegs that I was considering cutting the top off, figuring out a cover and how to seal it, and drilling for a spigot. These would save me a lot of trouble, but I don't think I can justify the cost unless force transferring works well.

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #60
Bokonon
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xumbi View Post
If anyone could report on how well force transferring with co2 to/from a keg using this I would really appreciate it!

I have 1/6 and 1/2 bbl kegs that I was considering cutting the top off, figuring out a cover and how to seal it, and drilling for a spigot. These would save me a lot of trouble, but I don't think I can justify the cost unless force transferring works well.
I was planning on doing a water test before actually using it but I ran out of time so I just jumped in.

I'll report back after I transfer but I suspect it will go off without a hitch since it is essentially the same as using a carboy cap with a racking cane except the vessel will take more pressure than a carboy.

My airlock has been bubbling away so there is definitely a good seal. I even sprayed starsan on any potential leak point and there weren't any bubbles

Quick Reply