Sanitizing Tap-A-Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeoldebrewer

Reaction score
I would really appreciate advice from those who have used the Tap-A-Draft system.

I have a 6 Liter bottle carbonated and almost ready to use. I think I understand how the dispenser unit is attached and so on.

--Is it okay to run some StarSan through the dispenser before attaching to the bottle? Tap-A-Draft customer service was very polite and prompt with a 'yes' answer to this question. But they also advised to follow up the StarSan with a water rinse. Wouldn't this tend to defeat the purpose?

Thanks,

Yes, it would. If you're worried about the starsan sitting in the tubing, then sanitize it right before you attach it to the bottle and then run a shot of your beer through it to clear the starsan. Your beer should be sanitary, or else it would already be infected at that point.

I use a spray bottle of starsan for all my sanitizing needs and when I tap a TAD bottle I just spray down the parts that will go inside the bottle, then open the valve and spray starsan into it so it comes out the other end. Then I just put it on the bottle, add my CO2 carts and stick it in the fridge.

Back