Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > sanitizer in ABS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
jspence1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default sanitizer in ABS

I'm having some trouble finding anything long enough to put my spoon and auto siphon in to sanitize them. I was thinking that I could get a piece of 3" abs cut it to length and use that to put my longer items in. Do you think that leaching would be an issue in the couple of hours I have sanitizer in it on brew day?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I use a Wallpaper tray. 4 bucks at my hardware store....

(I know that's not the answer to your question about abs, but it's what I use.)

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 629 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 57

No clue about leaching. However, a spray bottle full of Star San solution really works well for sanitizing almost everything.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I had read about the wall paper tray here and bought one it's about 4" shorter than my spoon and auto siphon. The bits sticking out the end are like a magnet for my children........Maybe I should just buy a couple of ropes to tie up my kids with.

I haven't been able to get starsan here. I wish I had remembered it when I was in buffalo last week. definitely getting it next trip. I've have been using the spray bottle but it worries me a little that I'm not getting the contact time to sanitize it. I also like the idea of just tossing it in a container and then pulling it out when I need it again.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
MixnMatchBrew
Recipes 

Iodine based sanitizer will work in a spray bottle too.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #6
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspence1 View Post
I had read about the wall paper tray here and bought one it's about 4" shorter than my spoon and auto siphon. The bits sticking out the end are like a magnet for my children........Maybe I should just buy a couple of ropes to tie up my kids with.

I haven't been able to get starsan here. I wish I had remembered it when I was in buffalo last week. definitely getting it next trip. I've have been using the spray bottle but it worries me a little that I'm not getting the contact time to sanitize it. I also like the idea of just tossing it in a container and then pulling it out when I need it again.
That's odd, my autosiphon fits fine in the tray I got, so does the biggest spoon I have...hmmmm

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
That's odd, my autosiphon fits fine in the tray I got, so does the biggest spoon I have...hmmmm
Damn you Americans and your bigger everything! One more item to look for when I'm in buffalo. Wallpaper tray is 22.25" my spoon is 27.5" and my auto siphon is 28.5. Maybe we just have bigger tools in canada

Well it's true they are bigger in America

Reason: added link

Quick Reply