Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > SaniClean

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #1
skeeordye11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default SaniClean

Can saniclean be used as a no rinse sanitizer??? I'm kegging as we speak...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 02:15 AM   #2
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 445 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

NO. StarSan or Iodophor are the only two no-rinse sanitizers recognized by the FDA as far as I know.

EDIT!!!!

SANICLEAN is a blend of phosphoric acid and Sulfonate Oleic Acid. This synergistic
blend provides a unique synergistic system that is unaffected by excessive organic
soils. SANICLEAN is low foaming. Unlike other acid anionic detergents, SANICLEAN will
not produce excessive foam when recirculating through CIP systems. SANICLEAN does
not require a rinse when used at or below 200 ppm. Using SANICLEAN on a daily basis
will leave equipment in an acid condition that will eliminate water spotting. SANICLEAN

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. I forgot that this was one of 5-star chemical's brands... You CAN use it as a no-rinse sanitizer.

Sorry for the confusion.

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #3
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
NO. StarSan or Iodophor are the only two no-rinse sanitizers recognized by the FDA as far as I know.

EDIT!!!!

SANICLEAN is a blend of phosphoric acid and Sulfonate Oleic Acid. This synergistic
blend provides a unique synergistic system that is unaffected by excessive organic
soils. SANICLEAN is low foaming. Unlike other acid anionic detergents, SANICLEAN will
not produce excessive foam when recirculating through CIP systems. SANICLEAN does
not require a rinse when used at or below 200 ppm. Using SANICLEAN on a daily basis
will leave equipment in an acid condition that will eliminate water spotting. SANICLEAN

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. I forgot that this was one of 5-star chemical's brands... You CAN use it as a no-rinse sanitizer.

Sorry for the confusion.
HOLY $#!+ I always urinated in my trousers! I didn't get any quick responses so I actually used the search function (imagine that!!!) and it sounded like a variation on Starsan so I just went with it, but you really did scare me there for a second. Thanks for the reply though! 10 more gallons of delicious homebrew kegged! Cheers!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
bull8042
I like 'em shaved
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 445 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeordye11 View Post
HOLY $#!+ I always urinated in my trousers! I didn't get any quick responses so I actually used the search function (imagine that!!!) and it sounded like a variation on Starsan so I just went with it, but you really did scare me there for a second. Thanks for the reply though! 10 more gallons of delicious homebrew kegged! Cheers!
hehehe.... Sorry!

I was typing quick so I could head off to bed and submitted the answer before my 3 remaining brain cells caught up to my fingers.

By the way, as for your comment - "always urinated in my trousers", you might check the grocery isle for Depends. May make your life a little more pleasant.

Congrats on the successful brew. If you are still worried about it though, have UPS bring those kegs on down to Charlotte and I will take very good care of them.

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Quick Reply