Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Safety of Using Propane Burner Indoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #51
rico567
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catt22 View Post
+1 Using bulk propane tanks in an inhabited building cannot be justified under any circumstances. Many of us weigh the risks and do so regardless. We will have only ourselves to blame if something goes seriously wrong. I am aware of the risk and I am very cautious. I would go electric or NG if I had the option, which presently I do not. My brewing area is in a garage with concrete floors, walls and ceiling, so while a fire could be bad, I don't think it would burn down the rest of the house.
THIS. I use the 20 lb. propane cylinders in my garage, both for brewing and to run the grill. But my garage is a detached Morton building, and with the overhead doors open, there's more than adequate ventilation. I would never brew in a house or in an attached garage. I don't even like the idea of an attached garage, a common convenience that is a storehouse for most of the inflammable / combustible / toxic stuff in the household: gasoline, oil, kerosene, solvents, pesticides, herbicides. Also the constant use of mechanisms that can ignite them: internal combustion engines, electric motors, torches......need I elaborate further? I would never own a house with an attached garage unless I had no other choice.

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply