RIMS in progress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
This is my work in progress all critisizm and thoughts welcome. I dont have a clue as to what i am doing other than a little research on the computer .

Is it a hybrid? Gas and electric? I presume that horizontal copper tube is the RIMS section? What is your reasoning for not going all electric?

Looks cool though... I am in the process of converting my HERMS to all electric with a control panel. Nice rig

I went with the gas figuring I would reach my strike temp. quicker. There Have been several threads about scorching wort so I have 120v feeding the 4500 watt element on the rims. This brings it in at about 1125 watts and I thought that would take to long to reach much of a step in temp.

Nice....I'd be sure to put a 4th leg on the top tier....from what I can see, there's only 3. Looks like a pretty sweet rig!

I dont think scorching wort is an issue if you are using the ULWD elements... but, nice rig. When you expect it to be complete?

Completion should be close to the first of the year I hope. Depends on the fittings being welded into the keg. I want it done with a tig, I have a mig but it makes a terrible weld on stainless. Santa Clause is also bringing my pump hopefully.

Oh by the way I did check out your build ScubaSteve many times while building this one. Many thanks to everyone who has posted thier pics they have been huge help. Your rig looked great by the way.

Back