Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Residual water in brew cart lines

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
ExHempKnight
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Residual water in brew cart lines

As much as I tried to design the plumbing on my new brew cart to fully drain, there are the inevitable lines that don't. After wet testing, I can see that after a brew/CIP/rinse cycle, some water will be trapped in a couple of lines.

How hard do I need to try and get this water out? I plan on brewing at least once a month... Will a quick rinse/flush before each brew session be sufficient? I'll need to run sanitizer through beforehand anyway, to sanitize my CFC.

"Drilling more holes than we need to, since 2010."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Catt22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHempKnight View Post
As much as I tried to design the plumbing on my new brew cart to fully drain, there are the inevitable lines that don't. After wet testing, I can see that after a brew/CIP/rinse cycle, some water will be trapped in a couple of lines.

How hard do I need to try and get this water out? I plan on brewing at least once a month... Will a quick rinse/flush before each brew session be sufficient? I'll need to run sanitizer through beforehand anyway, to sanitize my CFC.
I would be concerned about mold and such growing in the moist environment. I've seen tubing accumulate mold inside and this was tubing that was used for water only and never wort.

I would blow the water out with compressed air or alternately suck it out with a shop vac. I suppose you could also use CO2 to blow out the lines if the compressed air or shop vac aren't available options.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply