Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Replacing beer lines in sanyo conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
drunkatuw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Replacing beer lines in sanyo conversion

The tower I bought for my sanyo conversion came with 5ft beer lines and I'd like to replace those with 8ft lines. But I can't figure out how to remove the lines.

Here is the tower I have: http://www.qualityequipmentcompany.c...tem.asp?pId=75

When I take off the faucet, I still can't get to the inside of the tower. My hands are too big to fit in the tower (and I'd rather not remove the tower from the fridge if I don't have to). I tried taking the top of the tower off, but it appears to be welded or glued on.

Anyone ever replace the lines are a tower like this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
BADS197
Recipes 

I need to open mine up and replace them as well.

I was thinking I could take the shank and loosen it up and pull the beer line through the top while still connected to the shank. Then when I'm done, just feed it back down through the hole and into the kegerator.

I don't have a kegerator at this moment though...

Frosty Nipple Brewing Co.

Bottled
Pumpkin Ale
Faw-Kin Hevy Scotch Ale
Slam Dunkelweizen
GPC American Ale
Not-October Octoberfest Ale

Primary
English Pale Ale
Secondary

Keg
#1 2.5g - Faw-kin Hevy Scotch Ale
#2 2.5g - Nut Brown Ale

Next
American Amber
English Pale

Old 09-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 911 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I don't think the top welds on. You'd never be able to get to the shanks if that was the case. Try pushing a broom handle or golf club handle (you get the idea) up through the bottom and apply a little tapping force to the top. It's probably just a pressure fit. The shank is held in with a big locknut on the inside.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
yermej
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Another option would be to add additional line onto the end of the current lines.

I'm piecing together a kegerator and I'm considering putting 2' of line from the shanks down through the tower and then using additional line to get the total length I want for serving. That way, if I'm serving something with more carbonation, I can change to a longer line without having to mess with the tower/shanks at all. A little more hardware to buy and one more place for a leak, but I think I'll prefer that to having to mess with the tower & shanks.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a similar issue. I can get the cap off (yes, it'll slide off, just give it some elbow grease, yo!), but I don't know exactly how those elbow fittings inside actually work, and I don't wanna go detaching them without knowing how to reattach them first.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply