New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Refilling 5# CO2 Tanks from 20# Tank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
nealperkins
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Refilling 5# CO2 Tanks from 20# Tank

OK, I've searched the forum . . .

I have several 5# tanks and they run out at the wrong times, etc.

I intend to buy a 20# CO2 tank with dip tub and need to know where I can buy the connecting hardware to go tank to tank. It would be preferred to have a small length of tubing between the brass fittings (like the paintball connector I bought).

(See, I figure if I buy this tank...I'll never, never forget to turn the gas off, and I'll never, never have a leaker ever again...)

Know a source??

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

filling a 5lb tank from a 20lb tank will work, but you will never get it all the way full inless you waste a ton of co2. if you are fine with only getting 3 lbs in it at a time then you are good to go.

also, if you have a paintball filler there is an adapter for it. my company has one(we are a welding supply shop) i'll look for it to take a pic so you can see what to look for

On Tap:warrior apa
On Tap: crystal light
On Tap:BM's centenial blonde
"Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies."-BierMuncher

Old 10-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
nealperkins
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks, if you have that adapter, that'd be easy!

Also, I'm fine with the 3# as long as I can refill on demand. I recently discovered that my gas vendor was giving me less than 4# when I was paying for 5...discussion followed.

Quick Reply