Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Rectangular Fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #11
scotched
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just picked up a "Gamma Vittles Vault Plus" for $26 on Amazon.
It holds around 6 gallons, and the lid spins until it seals.

Fermenting: Edwort's Wounded Knee IPA (no-chill), XH Limeade #3
Serving:
nada

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #12
JLo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks scotched, I ordered a Gamma Vittles Valut Plus on Amazon. It looks like I'll have some fermenter options.

I was able to squeeze a 5 gallon bucket into the little fridge, but only just barely.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #13
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts

I have 15 vittles vault lids (called gamma seal lids when sold alone) on 5gal buckets for bulk grain storage, and they are amazing...

Old 06-15-2011, 04:11 AM   #14
scotched
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

JLo did you opt for the Amazon Prime month trial? You literally get free 2-day shipping on certain items, and that Vittle vault was eligible.

Just make sure you go to your settings and UN-check the box that says "automatically sign me up for Amazon prime after my trial ends". That's how they get suckers to pay =/. It's definitely worth the shipping savings on large items.

Fermenting: Edwort's Wounded Knee IPA (no-chill), XH Limeade #3
Serving:
nada

Old 06-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #15
vince805
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotched
JLo did you opt for the Amazon Prime month trial? You literally get free 2-day shipping on certain items, and that Vittle vault was eligible.

Just make sure you go to your settings and UN-check the box that says "automatically sign me up for Amazon prime after my trial ends". That's how they get suckers to pay =/. It's definitely worth the shipping savings on large items.
Also if you do end up getting charged you can call them and they are good about refunding your money. if you are a student you can get amazon prime free for a year, I think amazon mom (you can be a dad also) gives you free prime also, not sure for how long though.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 AM   #16
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts

I think I once got amazon prime through amazon mom for 3 months (or maybe even 6). I also got prime for 1 month on two other separate trial promotions, the normal one and another one that was eligible with the purchase of a qualifying book - IIRC, the ability to sign up for the trial came up during the checkout process, allowing you to get it without actually completing the checkout.

I'm in Canada and Prime is absolutely useless for shipping here, but I regularly use a guy in CT to forward me purchases (for a small fee) that get sent to his UPS mailbox if the item(s) is/are impossible to get in Canada, or just so much cheaper (even with the fee) than buying from a Canadian retailer, or an American one that will ship the thing directly here.

So I wouldn't come even close to getting my money's worth by paying for Amazon Prime, but the various trials have allowed me to get it cheaper and/or faster than I otherwise would, and it's even been useful enough that I created 1 or 2 other accounts at some point in order to be able to sign up for the trial again. Which I'm aware is wrong, but they've made such a small fortune off me between the US and Canadian sites that I don't feel too bad about it, even though I'd never do that sort of thing with a smaller company or one I only OCCASIONALLY buy from.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #17
rockytoptim
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have the 55lb version of the vittle vault that holds 13.5 gal. I ferment my 10 gallon batches in it. Very easily cleaned. I actually just bought a second one. I would recommend picking one up in the size you need..

On Tap: Bee Cave Robust Porter
On Tap: Bee Cave OktoberFest
On Tap: Bee Cave Kolsch
Primary: None
Up next: ????

Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #18
outside92129
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 17

the 5gal USP water containers are approximately 10.5" wide x 10.5" deep x 14.5" tall. HDPE with 2.25" screwcap opening, and one or two good spots to drill a spigot and/or airlock hole.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
JLo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I am already an Amazon prime member so the shipping price was right. So far I'm planning on trying the blue jug or 5 gallon bucket for 4 gallon batches, 2 gallon buckets for 1.5 gallon batches, and I'll try the Vittle vault for a full 5 gallon batch. I've got three little NuCool coolers so I can play around with different recipes. Now I can screw around with various fermenters as well.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 PM   #20
JLo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I got the Vittle Vites container today. With a bit of rework to the door molding it fits like a glove!

6.6 gallon capacity in a itty bitty refrigerator.

Quick Reply