Recommend a 20 System for a start up Nanobrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeragent74

Reaction score
I am new to the site so forgive me if this has been covered many times before as I am sure it has.

I need some input from experienced all grain brewers on what you would recommend as the best 20 gallon all grain system for a start up nanobrewery. I have seen the morebeer tippy sculptures and the Sabco systems that Sam is hawking. Are these the best systems at a relatively good price? What features would you recommend, what are not necessary? From what I see we can get into a system for around $5-6k. Is there a place where a person could find a similar used system for a decent deal? Bear in mind this system will be used to brew 3-4 times a month on a production type scale. Will they hold up?

I have been homebrewing for over ten years but have still not made the leap into all-grain. I have done several successful partial mash brews and am 100% confident I can make the switch. As the most experienced of the group I will be the "brewmaster". I understand I have a lot to learn before making the leap but would like to gather some facts and figures to bring back to the group for approval.

Seriously consider going with an electric setup, so much nicer than propane/gas. Of course that severely limits your options. Many go the diy route.

_

I think you'd do well with any of the well known systems from Sabco, Morebeer etc. What you need to do is fully understand how the systems operate before buying one. I think you can save a bundle buying used equipment if you know what you are buying. The number one thing you need right now, if you don't already have one, would be a sound business plan and budget.

Back