Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > ranco help...please don't get mad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 06:32 AM   #11
nduetime
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

thank for all the imput to everyone that posted. at this point i'm going to assume that i have a dual stage controller. wish my camera still took decent photo so that i could take a few and post them for clarification but based on what i've been reading and the pictures i've seen, i'm assuming it is. thank you again. i have some wiring diagrams to look for now-b.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
ScubaSteve

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Shouldn't be hard to wire. If you don't know how to safely wire/insulate your circuit.....get someone who does, or don't do it!

Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
nduetime
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Okay...so I found it a little bit more difficult finding dual stage diagram. Does anyone have a link, picture or anything else that would help me get this working? And no I don't have a manual. It wasn't included in the box when I purchased it. I called and had them ship me one a couple of weeks later but they send me a single stage manual. Hense my confusion in the beginning of this thread. Thanks-b.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #14
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nduetime
Okay...so I found it a little bit more difficult finding dual stage diagram. Does anyone have a link, picture or anything else that would help me get this working? And no I don't have a manual. It wasn't included in the box when I purchased it. I called and had them ship me one a couple of weeks later but they send me a single stage manual. Hense my confusion in the beginning of this thread. Thanks-b.
Here is a scan of the manual. The wiring diagram is in the back. It is pretty similar to the one-stage method, but in this case you will need one and a half extension cords (i.e., one half to feed the power into the controller, and two halves (with plugs) going out).
http://www.dry-air.com/pdf/ranco%20control.pdf

Old 12-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #15
drewdick
Recipes 

Default Ranco Controller

Just a head's up for all you guy's using a Ranco controller. You need to be very careful if you are using the relay in the ranco to power your refrigerator. The contactor is rated just under 10A @ 120V. If you are running the main power to your refrigerator directly through the Ranco (depending on the size of the refrigerator), the inrush amps may be too much for the contacts to handle. You should check your owners manual or look for a sticker on the unit that states the full load amps, usually abbriviated FLA. Most small 4-5 cubic foot refrigerators should be fine but the larger full size units like 19-21+ cubic feet could be a problem. Just be safe when dealing with electrical controls.

Quick Reply