Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Ranco ETC-111000 controller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Default Ranco ETC-111000 controller

My finger (no pun intended) is poised above the buy it now feature of this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RANCO-ETC-111000-...QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone quickly confirm that this is a good controller? My homework says it is, but I want one more confirmation. This is instead of my burner because of all the controversy surrounding the KAB4 and KAB5 Banjo. The controller is second on my list. I have a budget of about a hundred dollars for this solution.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I own three, two of which are controlling the temperature of over 25 gallons of beer (combined) as I type. Never had a problem. Go for it.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
FlyGuy

Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Yep, go for it -- you absolutely won't regret it. I have the same Ranco and a Johnson. The Ranco is more precise and a DREAM to operate compared to the Johnson.

BTW, that's a good price to Canada (often shipping for them is upwards of $30, and the selling price is reasonable).

Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

That's what I thought. The Ranco is now mine. Thanks guys.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

This guy phones SWMBO today and asks for another six dollars in shipping. He wanted her credit card but she's savvy enough to not give that away so he sent her a Paypal bill and she paid that. Keep in mind that I used the 'buy it now' option and shipping costs were posted in the auction. I paid immediately last night via Paypal and all charges were included.

She did the right thing for me, because if he had of called me I would have told him to shove his controller up his ass. Even with the six dollars it's still worth the price, but I don't pay more after a deal is made. I mean, it's just not done. I'll wait until it's been shipped and then let the guy know that he won't be getting positive feedback. He certainly can't complain about me. I kept MY word.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers
This guy phones SWMBO today and asks for another six dollars in shipping. He wanted her credit card but she's savvy enough to not give that away so he sent her a Paypal bill and she paid that. Keep in mind that I used the 'buy it now' option and shipping costs were posted in the auction. I paid immediately last night via Paypal and all charges were included.

She did the right thing for me, because if he had of called me I would have told him to shove his controller up his ass. Even with the six dollars it's still worth the price, but I don't pay more after a deal is made. I mean, it's just not done. I'll wait until it's been shipped and then let the guy know that he won't be getting positive feedback. He certainly can't complain about me. I kept MY word.
After you receive it, you should let e-bay know. They have very little tolerance for people making deals outside of the marketplace.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
HarvInSTL

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Holy hell, I might just have to buy one. He only wants $7 shipping to the states. So total price shipped to the States is $53. A lot cheaper than the $66 plus tax I paid for my first one from Grainger.

Thanks for the post!

Secondary: 9/9/9/-My version, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Raspberry Melomel

On deck: Tripel, 5 day IPA Squared, White Russian Imperial Stout

Live in Saint Louis, MO? Then check out www.stlbrews.org and www.garagebrewers.com

Old 06-22-2007, 12:39 AM   #8
Big Al

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers

Thanks for posting that. Was just about to buy one myself but I don't think so. I'd rather pay an extra few bucks to someone else than buy from this guy after that shadyness.

Primary - If it's not Scottish it's CRAP Ale
Primary Imperial IPA
Secondary -
Bottled and drinking: Hey!Hey! IPA, Land of Oz Barleywine #2, Caramel Creme Ale, Red Stripe Lager Clone

RIP: Oatmeal Stout, Octoberfestivus, 777 RPA, Fat Tire Clone (1st AG), Experimental Honey Brown

Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvInSTL
He only wants $7 shipping to the states.
You have a learning disability? Talk to Big Al. He gets it.

Quick Reply