Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Questions about March Pumps answered by the Factory!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #411
mrjofus1959
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAtMarchPump View Post
Yes those are the only two parts you would need to convert over to SS. I can only give you the list price for the parts...you would need to call any one of the distributors to get a price. ($250 housing $2 for o-ring list)
Thanks Walter!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #412
ricksox
Recipes 

Hey Walter,

I hear it is not recommended to screw a ball valve directly onto the pump because you could damage the plastic threading etc. What kind of adapter should go between the pump and my ball valve? Thanks!

Rick

Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #413
WalterAtMarchPump
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Sorry for the late reply...for some reason i didnt get a notification of a new posting....anyway you can screw directly to the threads. Just put your fitting on the pump and start it in reverse first....when you feel the "click" of the leading edge of the threads just pass each other then you can start to put the fitting on normaly. Also we recomend a wrap or two of teflon tape for sealing...and hand tighten the fitting (not crazy tight but just tight) and then another 1/4 to 1/2 turn more with a wrench and you should be good to go.

-Walter

Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #414
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1379 Times on 1114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HbgBill View Post
subscribed although I can't believe all the iterations of this pump's questions haven't already been answered more than once... grin
You could say that about virtually every topic imaginable here.

It is what it is: 98% reruns

Cheers!

Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #415
WalterAtMarchPump
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Yeah i know....I've been on a boating forum for over 13yrs now and most times its easier just to ask a new question then do a search for the answer.....biggest problem is when you try and search, unless you know how to word the search, you will get hundreds of results and most of which may have the key words you typed but probably have nothing to do with what you are looking for....

-Walter

Old 09-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #416
WalterAtMarchPump
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

if you use a restricted fitting on the outlet side it wont hurt anything...you just wont get the full capacity out of the pump.....on the inlet side you could starve it and possibly even cavitate it. What you want to look for is a "full flow" fitting. they have bigger ID's to match the thread size closer....easiest thing you can do is set it up and run it with plain water and see how it works for you...if you are happy with the results you get, then have at it

-Walter

Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #417
ricksox
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAtMarchPump View Post
Sorry for the late reply...for some reason i didnt get a notification of a new posting....anyway you can screw directly to the threads. Just put your fitting on the pump and start it in reverse first....when you feel the "click" of the leading edge of the threads just pass each other then you can start to put the fitting on normaly. Also we recomend a wrap or two of teflon tape for sealing...and hand tighten the fitting (not crazy tight but just tight) and then another 1/4 to 1/2 turn more with a wrench and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the response. I was just mainly concerned about stripping the threading by screwing on say, a stainless fitting directly to the pump considering its plastic. I appreciate the info.

PS. I use the search function before I post anything on this forum.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #418
jcav
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey Walter, I just want to say that you conversing with us and posting answers on this thread has been so helpful to hundred's of home brewers here at HBT. It is such a great way for you and your company to be involved and go the extra. You don't see this level of customer service or satisfaction in the business world anymore. You have made me and I'm sure a slew of others loyal customers, as well as new customers looking to purchase the right pumps for their systems. Thanks again!

You Rock Brother!

John

"Talent is hitting a target no one else can hit. Genius is hitting a target no one else can see."

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they really aren't after you!"

Old 09-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #419
Sacdan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am looking to buy a couple AC-3B or AC-5B. I have a couple 809s that don't pump well over 190°. Will they handle high temps better? Which model would you recommend?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #420
WalterAtMarchPump
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacdan View Post
I am looking to buy a couple AC-3B or AC-5B. I have a couple 809s that don't pump well over 190°. Will they handle high temps better? Which model would you recommend?
If your having problems above 190* the first thing i would do is drill the impellers...they may be binding on the shafts when it heats up and they expand. Pass a 17/64" drill bit through the center and test it out on some hot water...also make sure the teflon thrust washer is still there.....if that doesnt work then send me back the pumps and we will test them out...they shouldnt have any problems with those temps...we have customers running then at up to 240* with no issues.....granted they are closed system and dont have any air in the system but they will still work.

If you are set on upgrading then i would have to ask how big a system you are planning on building. The AC-5B needs a min 3/4" line feeding it...so if your system doesnt have that then you wont get the full capacity of the pump either...

-Walter

Quick Reply