New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Pumping from glass carboy to keg wiith March pump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
ricksox
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pumping from glass carboy to keg wiith March pump

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand timex so I apologize. I just want to know how you guys are pumping your beer from your carboys into your kegs.

I have a March 809 pump and because the glass carboy doesn't have a valve I'm not sure how to situate my hosing to get a good prime. I'm using brewmagic frame and I have the pump mounted underneath the frame on the perforated shelf under the burners. As long as I pump from my keggles (from the valves) gravity takes over and pumping liquid from the HLT to the mash tine and then to the boil kettle is a cinch. I just need to know if there is a good way to transfer (Using the pump) from my carboy to my corny kegs. Any thoughts? I appreciate it and thank you in advance.

Rick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 808 Times on 672 Posts

Cheers!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 467 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Just use a regular siphon to move the beer from the carboy. Using the March pump will oxidize (ruin) your beer.

If you have a carboy cap, you could use a CO2 push with a racking cane. Otherwise, just siphon it over.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #4
ricksox
Recipes 

Thanks for the responses guys. I certainly don't want to ruin the beer so I suppose I'll stick with the racking cane. I wasn't sure if there was a better faster way to move the beer. I have two carboy caps already so i can try the CO2 trick. Thanks again!

Rick

Quick Reply