Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > propane camp stoves?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
derrickvee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default propane camp stoves?

so i was at the sports store today looking for a water cooler for an MLT and ran across some camp stove propane burners.... i'm trying to move to all grain brewing (currently using the turkey frier for extract and partial mash), would something like this: Joe's - Outdoor Recreation: Camping / Hiking: Stoves / Burners: Propane Burners: King Kooker Propane Triple Burner Cooker be study enough hold keggles filled with gallons of hot liquid?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

You don't have room to fit three keggles side by side on that stove. You need 48" and that would have the keggles touching each other - that stove shows 42" cooking area.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
SumnerH
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickvee View Post
so i was at the sports store today looking for a water cooler for an MLT and ran across some camp stove propane burners.... i'm trying to move to all grain brewing (currently using the turkey frier for extract and partial mash), would something like this: Joe's - Outdoor Recreation: Camping / Hiking: Stoves / Burners: Propane Burners: King Kooker Propane Triple Burner Cooker be study enough hold keggles filled with gallons of hot liquid?
If your turkey fryer will support a full boil, you can do all-grain on that with the brew in a bag method.

A Guide To All-grain Brewing In A Bag - AussieHomeBrewer.com
The Brewing Network &bull; View topic - How to go from Extract to AG for < $10.00

On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

You could manage two keggles on that, but not three.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 04-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
derrickvee
Recipes 

Default two would be ok

i have the turkey friar for a third, but probably wouldnt even need a third if i was using a cooler MLT, right? moving the hot water and wort, that's a whole separate issue.

Quick Reply