Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Plate Chiller connectors: threads vs. barbs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
ArcaneXor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Plate Chiller connectors: threads vs. barbs

The Duda 30-plate chillers come in all kinds of configurations, ranging from male and female threads to various sizes of hose barbs. I am leaning towards the smaller diameter barb version, but before I pull the trigger, I would like to hear some pros and cons on threaded hookups vs. the hose barbs, and what size (1/2", 3/4", etc) is recommended.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
Munsoned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got the 1/2" threaded version. Made it easy to go to HD and other sources to buy almost any type of fittings (in my case, quick disconnects). If I wanted to I could easily take them out and screw in barbs or whatever.

Thus, the threads may require more $$ up front for fittings, but it may also give you more options down the road.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply