Pieces parts for LG 3-MD-HC pumps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldzfree

Reaction score
Just ordered a couple LG pumps. I am going to be running 1/2" silicon to from my LG pumps I ordered. Does anyone have a recommendation/pick list for the parts to connect (initially...i haven't thought about quick connections yet) via 1/2" barb? I believe the intake is 3/4" female and the output is 1/2" female. Does anyone have a good fitting setup they would recommend?

Camlocks are pretty sweet. I recommend ditching the barb fitting and going with a MPT camlock....then just slip the hose over that and you'll get WAY more flow. Barb fittings can severely reduce your flow and you don't want to restrict your pump's abilities.....

Thanks ScubaSteve. Are you referring the camlocks that Pro Floy Dyanmics carries? If so, is everyone pretty much advocating the street elbow threads ground down method?

Yup, those are the ones. I didn't use street elbows, just got the MPT type. You can grind or not grind....zipties will stop any leaks and I wouldn't worry about the tubing being cut unless it's in a frequently disconnected part. I ground down only the ones I needed to....it just doesn't seem right to damage a fitting you may want to use elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back