Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > pick up tube for bargainfittings ball valve

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I did mine out of this http://www.amazon.com/Parker-8MSC8N-...6242906&sr=8-1 and a piece of 1/2" OD stainless tube with a 90 degree bend to as close to the bottom as possible. It's a bit more cash then copper but it looks better and makes me happier!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
johnnyc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I ordered a straight copper tube from Bargain Fittings with my ball valve and just curved it gently down and its maybe 1/4" off the bottom of the keg. Works perfect and I didn't have to fab anything up. I was initially worried about creasing it but as long as I curved it gradually along the whole length it worked great. One thing to keep in mind is that you'll want a hose connected to the barbed fitting to siphon any wort below the level of the ball valve.

Kegged: Hoppy Amber, ESB, Weizenbock, Breakfast Stout, IPA

Fermenting: Yooper's Oktoberfest

Old 08-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
HiImBrian
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Blast from the past!!!

I see a lot of people using that same cylindrical fitting, but all I can find at Home Depot or Lowes is This

Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 314 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiImBrian View Post
Blast from the past!!!

I see a lot of people using that same cylindrical fitting, but all I can find at Home Depot or Lowes is This
It'll work, but you can find that exact part at places like bargain fittings. When you shop at the "all things to all people" stores, you are bound to come up empty sooner or later.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
Minbari
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc View Post
I ordered a straight copper tube from Bargain Fittings with my ball valve and just curved it gently down and its maybe 1/4" off the bottom of the keg. Works perfect and I didn't have to fab anything up. I was initially worried about creasing it but as long as I curved it gradually along the whole length it worked great. One thing to keep in mind is that you'll want a hose connected to the barbed fitting to siphon any wort below the level of the ball valve.

did basically the same on mine. The pipe sit on the bottom. nearly all liquid drains out.

Quick Reply