The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > party pig Q

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #1
DaveT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default party pig Q

I filled my party pig the other day with primed beer from the bottling bucket after I added the priming sugar. I have a question about it since it is my first use and no directions came with it. I got it new in box with some stuff I bought off craigs list.

I wanted to know if normal amount of priming sugar in a 5 gallon batch is too much to be used with the party pig? I filled it about 2" frop the top of the lip opening and wasnt sure about that either. The pig is getting quite solid and dont want to have it burst. I poured a bit into a glass to release some pressure and it shot out quite fast and filled my glass with foam. I also tried to loosen the sealing ring to see if some pressure could be released but only some pressure came out before some beer seaped out. Should I fridge it or let it be?

there was not much in the search for party-pig so hopefully I didnt miss it

I like beer, I like making it, I like drinking it, and best of all I like not going to the store to buy it!!

Primary: , common room epa , Monkey butt nut brown,
Secondary: traditional stout, skeeterpee
Bottled: Scottish Export,
OnTap: , lawnmower de sassion, Irish Red w/irish ale yeast , rolf's irish red, Liberty cream
Up Next: golden ticket rye PA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
wwest
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT
I filled my party pig the other day with primed beer from the bottling bucket after I added the priming sugar. I have a question about it since it is my first use and no directions came with it. I got it new in box with some stuff I bought off craigs list. I wanted to know if normal amount of priming sugar in a 5 gallon batch is too much to be used with the party pig?
Yes. You use less priming sugar with the pig. My advice: as soon as your brew is carbonated to your satisfaction, put it in the fridge and leave it there until it's consumed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT
I also tried to loosen the sealing ring to see if some pressure could be released but only some pressure came out before some beer seaped out. Should I fridge it or let it be?
Don't try to loosen the ring, the gasket can permanently unseat and you will have foam and beer everywhere.

Check partypig.com for more info, they have an FAQ. If you can't find the manual, PM me and I'll arrange to send you a copy of mine.
Carbonating:
Drinking: Apfelwein, IPA, Jalapeno Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply