The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Over the side siphoning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

That's definitely the high end, do it once solution. The other idea with the rubber stopper would also work, but you'll always wonder if you're going to pop it out by mistake when you're mixing your mash.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
Onescalerguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just get a cork!Either predrilled or drill your own.The cork on my mash tun was 65cents and it works great.I'd bet your closest hardware store has em.I really like being able to yank the the whole works apart when i'm done.Makes for an easy clean-up.
Cheers

Old 02-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #13
cweston
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
That's definitely the high end, do it once solution. The other idea with the rubber stopper would also work, but you'll always wonder if you're going to pop it out by mistake when you're mixing your mash.
Nah--that baby's in there good.

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale

Old 02-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #14
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Hah, I'm just trying to justify the money and effort I put into ball-valving my cooler.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Quick Reply