Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > orange flame coming from burner.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
ChrisS
I like cold beverages
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default orange flame coming from burner.

it seems like on Sunday no matter what I did I could not get a nice propane blue flame from the burner. Nothing but orange that left a lot of carbon on the bottom of the pots. If I played with the air damper (i'm sure that is not the right term for it, but you know what I mean) and all that did was make the burner louder and worse so I found the quiet setting and it was still very orange. I was thinking it was dirt or spider webs or something but they just would not clean up. any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Simphoto02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had the same issue with my Camp Chef stove on my brew pot. I check the company's website and they said that it has gotten dirty. I had left it on my decl and it had built up a bunch stuff ranging from rust to insects and what not.

Their suggestion was to blast with compressed air FROM the vent and blow out the dirt and debris. If you don't have a compressor they suggest using a strong blast iof water, only make sure it is dry before lighting it again.

HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tired of waiting for our savior to save the economy, so I jumped into all grain, What the hell!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply