Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Is it normal to feel breeze near Blichmann Burner damper/hose connection?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
megabreath
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Is it normal to feel breeze near Blichmann Burner damper/hose connection?

Hi guys,

I just set up my new Blichmann burner for the first use, and when I lit the burner, I was adjusting the flame, and felt a steady breeze coming from the area of the damper, blowing away from the unit.

I don't know if it was air or gas. Don't know if it was coming out of the damper holes, or if it was coming from a loose connection with the gas supply line. (I checked, and all the connections are tight.)

It's not a windy day at all.

I looked everywhere online, and I find nothing that reassures me that it's okay to feel a breeze coming from that area of the burner. Do you think I have a gas leak at the connection to the burner, or is this normal to have steady breeze coming from that area?

Hope someone with a Blichmann out there can respond! My brew day is quickly slipping past, but I don't want to burn the house down if you think I've got a danger on my hands!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
JRems
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I think you a feeling a draft from the air being sucked into the burner.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply