Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > No propane flow with my Bayou Classic SQ14

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
hawkeyes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default No propane flow with my Bayou Classic SQ14

I'm having problems this morning trying to get my SQ14 burner working. I have tried 3 tanks (2 of which are full). I can't seem to get any propane to flow. I have tried disconnecting and turning the regulator off and wait a few minutes. Then attached, turn the propane tank on slowly, try again and nothing. Everything looks fine about the burner and I can't figure it out. I’ve used it about 10 times so it’s still fairly new. Anyone else have similar problems?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I don't have one of those burners but recently had the same problem with our grill...the regulator was shot. Picked up a replacement at the local hardware store...fired right up the first time. Can't say this is your issue but might be! Good luck.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
hawkeyes
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstone View Post
I don't have one of those burners but recently had the same problem with our grill...the regulator was shot. Picked up a replacement at the local hardware store...fired right up the first time. Can't say this is your issue but might be! Good luck.
I think you might be right. It seems like the gas is getting stuck at the regulator. When I take it off I can hear a tiny bit of gas escaping from it.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
lloydhudson
lloydhudson
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

I would try resetting the valve in the bottles. People like to open valve to see if there is gas in bottle. shuts off the "LOF" safety valve.
Last fill the operator probably screwed them up. You have to depress the side piece in the throat of the valve. There is a tool available at the hardware that does that. Happens to me occasionally.
Or try on bar-b-que or other device to see if issue with regulator or bottle.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
hawkeyes
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydhudson View Post
I would try resetting the valve in the bottles. People like to open valve to see if there is gas in bottle. shuts off the "LOF" safety valve.
Last fill the operator probably screwed them up. You have to depress the side piece in the throat of the valve. There is a tool available at the hardware that does that. Happens to me occasionally.
Or try on bar-b-que or other device to see if issue with regulator or bottle.
I hooked up the tank to my smoker and it works. I have tried several times to reset the regulator on the burner but still no gas flow.

Quick Reply