The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New way to control Pellet Hop gunk!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #611
thirstyutahn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Been following this thread for a bit now. These look killer!

So is there any new and improved keggle versions? I do 6 gallon batches fairly often so it would either need to be long or have some sort of drop down bar. Maybe one hook to make it reach the bottom for 6 gallons and another to hang it higher for 12 gallon batches.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #612
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstyutahn View Post
Been following this thread for a bit now. These look killer!

So is there any new and improved keggle versions? I do 6 gallon batches fairly often so it would either need to be long or have some sort of drop down bar. Maybe one hook to make it reach the bottom for 6 gallons and another to hang it higher for 12 gallon batches.
If you can dream it, he can build it. I'd probably just go with a really long one that hangs 1" or so off the bottom of your pot, if I were you. The 2 hook idea is cool if you're using a smaller pot, but if it's all in the same pot I don't see the benefit over a longer one (other than looking sweet).

Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #613
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Looking at those pics, I wonder if my IC would fit around that filter.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #614
StainlessBrewing
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 135

I just want to apologize to Marcb, Chad or anyone else that feels hurt. The previous page obviously shows that you're upset Marcb and that was not my intention. I looked back at all of my posts and have not once said anything negative about you, Chad or his product. I realize this seems to be more of a promotional thread than an informational thread in the Equipment/Sanitation section and probably shouldn't have made any posts. My apologies. My first post was just backing Chads welds up stating they were ok for people that were unsure (post138). The second post was stating why our prices were different (we were brought up in this thread) and I thought me and Chad were ok (post147). See post 150 right after that I think Chad's doing a great thing. Every other post I've made was for informational purposes on our baskets, not negative feedback on Chad's product. It also seems that any post I make or anyone that states the name "Stainless Brewing" you get upset and I'm confused why? You ask questions and others and I have answered very politely. The last page someone that I never told to comment, replied on this thread that they bought our product. You asked a question and one of Chad's customer's responded. How did it lead to this? "I will tell you this, after all the crap that was pulled on this thread by Stainless Brewing I would NEVER do business with them."

The first time this thread got shut down was because someone wasn't happy about Chad's product, nasty names were exchanged, it was shut down and comments were deleted. I had nothing to do with that. The last time was because Chad was simply unaware of the rules and promoting his product in StainlessBrewing Vendor Showcase threads. Once again, I'm glad for Chad and his product! I'm happy that he is a Vendor on HBT now and can promote all he wants. I wish I had his tooling for seam welded baskets. He's taken quite the load off me and seems to keeping other members here happy. I hope that one day you might find something we carry and our customer service to gain you as a customer. Negative feedback is VERY welcome about our product so we can constantly improve but it doesn't make sense if it only comes from someone who doesn't own one. We do provide much more than baskets and I'm sorry you feel this way about us all around. I just don't want you to get upset if someone else brings up Stainless Brewing in this thread again. Like you stated earlier, the Vendor Showcase is probably the best section to keep our name out of this thread. I will no longer comment in this thread about us or any of our product due to the tension it has caused.

Zach

weebop Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #615
Yambor44
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
Looking at those pics, I wonder if my IC would fit around that filter.
Mine is 6"x14" and does not. I have to lift it and re-sit it inside the IC. That being said, Chad is working on something for me to allow me to leave the strainer filter in place along with the IC. I'll post more when we get it done.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #616
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44

Mine is 6"x14" and does not. I have to lift it and re-sit it inside the IC. That being said, Chad is working on something for me to allow me to leave the strainer filter in place along with the IC. I'll post more when we get it done.
That doesn't sound too bad, just as long as you've got a leather glove to lift up the basket as I am sure it is quite toasty.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #617
ScubaSteve

Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

It's good to be objective about a product. Either it works or it doesn't.

To be fair, Chad is sort of specializing in screened baskets. He makes a lot of these, and if you look closely, you can see that it is for many other applications than homebrewing. He is obviously very good at what he does.

Stainless brewing offers similar baskets PLUS many other items. There is going to be a learning curve for the guy who is not a professional fabricator...I have no doubt that they will make the necessary modifications to their product....they obviously care about the quality of what they sell, or they wouldn't be here apologizing.

Let the products speak for themselves....criticize the product, not the vendor...and let them work the bugs out based on customer feedback.

People Like This 
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #618
marcb
Recipes 

Liked 162 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Here's another prototype that Chad is working on, he sent me a few pics this week but I have been up in the mountains so I have been slow to post them. This is for dry hopping in corny kegs.

0220131544.jpg   0220131509.jpg   0220131510.jpg  

Last edited by marcb; 02-22-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: forgot the pics!
kombat Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #619
Yambor44

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I like that a lot better than the one (2) I just bought from morebeer.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #620
Jukas
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Those look awesome! Have you used them yet? My only concern looking at the top is that I'd expect pellet hops to flow freely through there getting hop gunk loose into the beer.

Any idea on what the expected cost might be?

Quick Reply