New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > new used monster pot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #21
rico567
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschatz View Post
Wow, install a spigot on the side of that beast and get rolling. Now you just need 1000' of copper coil to get your immersion chiller going!
Actually, a good point.....sometimes, good luck is a two-edged sword. All I can think of is the changes in logistics required with a pot that big......starting with the fact that my little 25' copper chiller, fine for 5 gal, would be virtually useless with this thing.
As previously mentioned, installing a spigot is practically essential. Then there is getting the pot/burner up so it's more practical to drain. Then, if it's up, being able to get up to the top of that bad boy. Then there's the issue of organizing group brews (I can't imagine how I would handle almost a barrel of wort.....etc.
Of course, I'd have taken the thing too, if it was me......

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #22
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico567 View Post
Actually, a good point.....sometimes, good luck is a two-edged sword. All I can think of is the changes in logistics required with a pot that big......starting with the fact that my little 25' copper chiller, fine for 5 gal, would be virtually useless with this thing.
As previously mentioned, installing a spigot is practically essential. Then there is getting the pot/burner up so it's more practical to drain. Then, if it's up, being able to get up to the top of that bad boy. Then there's the issue of organizing group brews (I can't imagine how I would handle almost a barrel of wort.....etc.
Of course, I'd have taken the thing too, if it was me......
I have a 50Ft 1/2 IC that I built for the keggle already doing 10 gallons ,Shirron plate chiller and a March pump so this will be used on a single tier system . I just need the silicon hose and QC to set it up and some time

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply