Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New Replacement for March Pump

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #111
Hermit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Which pumps are you specifically referring to? It almost sounds like you are saying this about your own pumps, but I don't think that is right.
Yeah. Just some poster using chuggerpumps to NOT use.... I'd have to think he would be speaking of his own product.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #112
JonW
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I think he was referring to the LG pumps mentioned earlier, but his post isn't real clear.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 AM   #113
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Its true ...we have made the pump 1st prototype...trying to make it affordable as possible for all home brewers in Stainless Steel as it should be ...after all you are consuming what you brew!!! we plan on further modifications for the 2011 year

Old 10-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #114
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Apply a 1/12 minimum to 1/8 HP Mag drive motor with your stainless pump having a large inlet at 90 degree angles between the inlet and outlet for easy "burping" to clear the air pockets. Add to this an impeller design that will reprime itself better when small air pockets enter the pump vs instant loss of prime like "BRAND "X" "pumps.
Within a resonable price we can afford you'll have a winner. Applying these ideas with a successful pump you'll have a problem keeping up with demand.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #115
chuckjaxfl
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 23

FWIW, I've run my Chugger pump head a LOT now. My mashtun has all but been confiscated for use as the household sous vide! I ran a lamb roast in it for 24 hours straight, from Sunday night to Monday night just this week as a matter of fact.

The 'wide open throttle' issue seems to have resolved as well, whatever was causing that.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 AM   #116
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Interested to see how this turns out. I'm leaning to LG pumps. The heads on the chugger pumps just look too cheap for me to believe the pump won't crap out in a year.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #117
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Little Giant only makes Polypro Plastic pumps I strongly reccomend NOT using Poloypro...plasticizers tend to leech out over time especially with high temps. Email me your address I wil send you a Chugger SS pump free to evaluate would appreciate the feedback as we a re continuing to improve this product. mike@caringi.com

thanks

Old 10-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #118
Brewmoor
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Have you considered making your pump with 3/4 inlets and outlets? I think you could find a market for them. When i was looking for pumps I had a tough time finding something that would work. I ended up going with a dayton centrifugal pump with stainless head. I could not find a reasonable product with a magnetic head.

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."

My build thread. Compact Single Tier!

Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #119
Catt22
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggerpumps View Post
Little Giant only makes Polypro Plastic pumps I strongly reccomend NOT using Poloypro...plasticizers tend to leech out over time especially with high temps. Email me your address I wil send you a Chugger SS pump free to evaluate would appreciate the feedback as we a re continuing to improve this product. mike@caringi.com

thanks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poly%28...ene_sulfide%29

That's not what the above says about the Ryton pump heads LG uses.

ie "Maximum service temperature is 218 °C (424 °F). PPS has not been found to dissolve in any solvent at temperatures below about 200 °C (392 °F)."

I've been using an LG pump with a Ryton pump head for about five years with no problems whatsoever.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 PM   #120
chuggerpumps
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Recipes 

Ryton is Known for its chemical compatiblity ...defineitely not food grade and WILL leech plasticizers slowly over time ...look on the FDA site it is not approved for food use Notice the words Sulfides and synthetic fibers ????..I have been doing this a long time and know that the Ryton will work ..but it is not a good choice. Wikipedia is by NO means a reliable resource on descriptions ..I have been working with Ryton pumps in the chemical industry for over a decade. One of the reasons I got involved in brewing was when I saw a friend using a mechanically sealed plastic pump from Grainger ...

Quick Reply