HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New to me copper tubing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 02:50 AM   #1
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default New to me copper tubing...

Got back from the scrap yard about 4 hours ago, been playing with my new keg, chattin with the honey bunny and RDWAHAHB. I got about 50' of 1/2" soft copper tubing. I'm thinking I want to use it for various brewing applications, some where the wort will be on the outside some where the wort will be on the inside. What are some of the more aggressive ways of cleaning it out that I can do in my kitchen? It looks like it hasn't been used but you can never tell. I just want to make sure anything is out. 50' of it was only 8 bucks, couldn't pass it up. If nothing else I'll use it for an Immersion wort chilller or 2.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
thebikingengineer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds like a prime candidate for a big IC. It should be about the right size for keggle use. Just coil it up, put fittings on the end, and cool away.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply