Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New additions to my brewery... (couple kegs and a burner)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 03:43 AM   #21
Grimsawyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Forgot to post this earlier... I have that burner. I LOVE that burner. Only one problem with it is the first time You use it the paint STINKS when it burns off... hahaha!!!! WHEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #22
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsawyer
Only one problem with it is the first time You use it the paint STINKS when it burns off... hahaha!!!! WHEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I did a test burn with water in a keg just to get the paint off of it. When I purchased it I knew there was no way that the paint right under the flame would survive the propane burner. Now it's ready for my double or tripple brew day on Sunday.

How much propane does that sucker use for 5 gal batches?

Primaries: Air
Secondaries: Lakefront India Brown Ale

On Tap 1: Rootbeer, On Tap 2: NB White ouse Honey Ale, On Tap 3: Nitrogen, On Tap 4: Air, On Tap 5: Air
On Deck: DIPA, Imp Stout, Porter, Wheat, Black IPA

"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " - Me

Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #23
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Yeah I did a test burn with water in a keg just to get the paint off of it. When I purchased it I knew there was no way that the paint right under the flame would survive the propane burner. Now it's ready for my double or tripple brew day on Sunday.

How much propane does that sucker use for 5 gal batches?
I have the same burner and I got 5 full boil 5 gal. batches out of the standard 20# tank. I also used it on my grill to so I maybe could get 6 to 7 out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 08-11-2007, 06:18 AM   #24
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Thanks for the reply! I keep spares around but I was just trying to figure the economics of it all.

On Tap 1: Rootbeer, On Tap 2: NB White ouse Honey Ale, On Tap 3: Nitrogen, On Tap 4: Air, On Tap 5: Air

"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " - Me

Old 08-11-2007, 06:58 AM   #25
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Just remember to fill it up at a gas station where they sell propane. 7 bucks instead of 20 to exchange!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Old 08-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #26
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Yeah that almost goes without saying... screw blue rhino.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 AM   #27
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Well I was hoping to get two brews under the belt tonight but I just ran out of time. I brewed my American IPA tonight with the keggle as well as a new immersion chiller I put together today. Everything went really good being my first full boil. Tomorrow I will be brewing a Belgian White and will hopefully remember to take a few pictures of the setup in action. The burner boiled very quickly and my chiller got the beer to pitching temperatures in about 10-15 minutes or so.

Gotta keep filling up these carboys!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #28
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

WOOOHOOO!!! GRATS!!! That's cool man! Just remember to be extra careful cleaning around those weldless fittings. They can be problematic.

Quote:

Quick Reply