The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > New additions to my brewery... (couple kegs and a burner)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #11
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpile
Wow, any idea why they're over $10 cheaper than NB for the same spigot kit?
Yes I would also like to know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

competition would be my guess

I'm back!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #13
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Maybe they bought all the parts in quantity and are not looking to make as much profit of each single sale. Either way I am impressed by the price and I plan on ordering a setup as well as a couple extra parts to add in some sight glasses. Gotta love finding a deal.

Primaries: Air
Secondaries: Lakefront India Brown Ale

On Tap 1: Rootbeer, On Tap 2: NB White ouse Honey Ale, On Tap 3: Nitrogen, On Tap 4: Air, On Tap 5: Air
On Deck: DIPA, Imp Stout, Porter, Wheat, Black IPA

"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " - Me

Old 08-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #14
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My experience with weldless is... IT IS CRAP!!!! I have some weldless kits from morebeer for my mash tun. If I had just paid the money out for someone to weld the stuff I would have saved money and had a more watertight, sanitary and better looking mash tun. Right now what I have works and I'm not sure when I'm going to get it welded because I'm going to have to buy different fittings for the pickup tube for my mash tun. Do your homework. Find out how much EXACTLY each route costs. Then make a decision. I diddn't do my homework, it was a quick decision that cost me alot of time, busted knuckles and not a sexy as I would like mash tun. All that being said It works just as well as one that is welded, just ALOT more maintainance involved. grains DO get stuck behind the huge washers that hold it all together. hope this helps!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Old 08-09-2007, 03:15 AM   #15
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Thanks for the input but I just ordered two sets of those weldless fittings. One is for my friend and I am keeping the other. Like I said when I go up to school (2-3 weeks) I have access to all the welding gear I need being an engineering student so I will then weld the 1/2 coupler into the keg after cutting a larger hole. At least in my current plan nothing should go to waste. The only reason I am even messing with the weldless is that I need make a few brews before the move... no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space.

On Tap 1: Rootbeer, On Tap 2: NB White ouse Honey Ale, On Tap 3: Nitrogen, On Tap 4: Air, On Tap 5: Air

"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " - Me

Old 08-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #16
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space.
I see a good tag line right there...
"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " <TheFlyingBeer >

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402
I see a good tag line right there...
"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " <TheFlyingBeer >
I guess I will have to say that so I can put it in my signature for a while... No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space.

Thanks.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #18
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
I guess I will have to say that so I can put it in my signature for a while... No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space.

Thanks.
I love the " - me part

I'm back!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 AM   #19
neckbone
Recipes 

I remember a while back seeing a website that had some weldless fittings for sale. They advertised that you didn't have to worry how much you tightened the nuts for the fittings, the rubber gaskets/washers wouldn't deform, or spread out. They guaranteed them leak proof. Problem is, I can't remember who that was.

Anyone know??

Primary: Nada
Secondary: Squat
Bottled: Nut Brown

Old 08-10-2007, 03:40 AM   #20
Grimsawyer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space.
You are my hero. So simple. Too true. I cannont see any flaw in your logic what so ever. This is one of my favorite quotes ever. As of now it is in my signature! You are inspiration to us all my friend!!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin

Quote:
...no sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)

Quick Reply