Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > need a tiny kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
debtman7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default need a tiny kegerator?

If anyone uses 3 gallon kegs and needs a kegerator and lives near a Kroger... They have a mini fridge on sale for $77 at the store near me. It's a fridge only, no freezer section (yay!) and no hump/shelf in the back for the compressor. And a nice looking faux stainless steel front. Unfortunately it's pretty small but it might fit a couple of 3 gallon kegs nicely.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
sonvolt
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtman7
If anyone uses 3 gallon kegs and needs a kegerator and lives near a Kroger... They have a mini fridge on sale for $77 at the store near me. It's a fridge only, no freezer section (yay!) and no hump/shelf in the back for the compressor. And a nice looking faux stainless steel front. Unfortunately it's pretty small but it might fit a couple of 3 gallon kegs nicely.

Would it fit a 5 gallon carboy? If so, this would be a great lagering facility with the addition of some Johnson controls.

Old 10-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
debtman7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

External height was around 26" and there wasn't much overhead, I'd estimate 24" of internal height. The price was so right I sat there staring at it trying to think of a use for it. Carboy might not be bad, but a full size fridge bought cheap is a bit more useful for that.

Quick Reply