New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Need suggestions for dis-connects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 860 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I use them on my rig too. The males go on the vessel ball valves and then I had my hoses hard clamped to the pump in/out with the female QD's on the ends. I recently got two more females though so I can completely remove the hoses from the system during storage. One other trick I want to suggest is making up a male coolant QD to Female garden hose thread fitting. This allows you to connect your hose to the wort system for a full flush of your lines, chiller and pump under high pressure.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Bobby_M did you get that adapter from McMaster (if so do you have the part#?) otherwise where could I find out? Thanks!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 860 Times on 576 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Oh, you just need one of the male QDs with the 1/2" NPT on them, then get a 1/2" female NPT to female garden hose fitting and thread them together with a little teflon tape.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
cptsparkle
Recipes 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've checked them all out and am leaning towards the McMaster products.

I just ordered my last kettle today from Homebrew.org and last big purchase is the two pumps.

I get home near the end of June, then two weeks off until the next tour. Three years at FT Knox and then retirement. All that equals more time for brewing and golf.

Can't wait!!! Thanks everybody!!

Founder, CEO, Brew Meister, Grain Crusher, Accountant, Financier, Electrician, Designer,
Official Taste Tester, Plumber, Janitor and Doorman for, "Sparkle Brewing".

Obligatory famous quote, "Drink till ya sink"

Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #15
GamePreserve
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

/mark

Quick Reply